Cape Buffalo Packing Some Lead

ODB

WKR
could use this bad boy again

I know the guy who helped develop those. Went to his house and we shot through pressure-treated 4x4s then into a 10’ tray of wet newspapers. They penetrate at straight as you can get. It’s all in the profile. And they maintain integrity just as you see.

Beendare

WKR
Our Australian Water Buff guide shot the water buff that bulldozed our assistant guide. That bull charged him when we found it, the bull died at his feet. He put 3 shots from a bolt action H&H .375 in a 3 inch circle…and man could that guy work the bolt….sounded like a semi auto it was so fast.

The one solid went through 16” of heavy skull, 4 feet of the raised hump of the bulls back, through a 6” diameter tree 20’ behind the bull…..never to be found.

The power from those solids in a rifle is truly amazing.

Last edited:
The hippo is considered to be one of the most dangerous animals in the world.
Not nearly as impressive as ‘black death’
Aren’t most hippo deaths from tipping over boats? Not many safe places to practice swimming over there so most people don’t know how.

RedGreen

FNG
There are AR style rifles chambered in 300 win mag and one I have seen in 338 Lapua magnum. 7000 ft lbs on that one. I don't know anything about Africa but there should definitely be a semi auto gear solution available from somewhere. No it is not a double rifle but any gear item can fail.

There are AR style rifles chambered in 300 win mag and one I have seen in 338 Lapua magnum. 7000 ft lbs on that one. I don't know anything about Africa but there should definitely be a semi auto gear solution available from somewhere. No it is not a double rifle but any gear item can fail.
I think the company most well known for their 300WM+ AR's is NEMO and their reliability is not exactly legendary.

RedGreen

FNG
Yeah... if it were me, I would perform extensive testing/practice with any gun, and only take it if it proved totally reliable.