Caribou Meatpole

Chugaglug

FNG
we were dropped at what BRA calls "Boundary Lake", a little pothole just north of the park boundary off the Nigu River. We had mostly tundra but were fairly close to mountain slopes. The tundra is tough, to go more than 5 miles on will kick your butt. We covered some ground but ended up killing all our bous within a mile from camp. We didn't need a spotting scope, had 15x binos on a tripod. Our gear fly was money for meat storage and a cooking/hangout area (had light rain pretty much the whole time) but it needs to be freestanding. Ultralight camp chairs were awesome to have. My husband ran an ultralight cot. Rest of us were fine on thermarests. Saw lots of grizz but all well behaved. We did have two bear fences, one for tents one for meat. Brought some peace of mind but probably didn't need them. We ran two seek outside tents, which were great. Brought one stove for one but it wasn't super useful, lack of firewood. Fishing was poor on this lake, so wish we would have skipped the fishing gear. But there are certainly areas that have stellar grayling fishing.
Had Inreach and iridium sat phone, both worked fine

Thank You so much for this information!! This will be my first trip to AK hunting and it is tough to find someone who has already went with BRA. Oh, what is a Gear Fly? Is that like a rain fly to keep the meat dry?

Chugaglug

FNG
Nice animal! Thanks for all the info. I'll be sure and post about our hunt. Any other info people have, I am a sponge right now.