Carry your bow or sling

I carry mine with the bow angled well forward, bottom cam in the buttstock pouch and the top tether going thru one of the riser holes on my 35" A-A bow. I always carry my bow pointed ahead (opposite of Roosie).

On a 30" bow I'd tether the top strap thru the cam.

The latest Gunbearer (this was a few years ago) had too short of a tether strap to let the bow angle forward far enough. But in talking to Kifaru they sent a longer section of nylon webbing to change it out...but wouldn't make it with the longer strap like the old GB.

Jethro

WKR
I carry mine with the bow angled well forward, bottom cam in the buttstock pouch and the top tether going thru one of the riser holes on my 35" A-A bow. I always carry my bow pointed ahead (opposite of Roosie).
So you carrying string up, rather than riser up?

ShaneC

FNG
I have used a bow sling for years. swapped to the Jakt bowsling and love it. Shoot with it on your bow and carries a lot better than the other slings I have had.

JasonD

FNG
I use a sling that I can shoot without taking it off my bow. I still have the bow in my hand and can free up that hand anytime, but weight is on my shoulder. I beat the crap out of that Hoyt,

View attachment 562352
Hey I’m curious as to what that rubber nub thing is it looks like it’s attached to the thing that pulls your cables (cable guide) to the side and let’s them slide up and down as your shoot your bow. It looks like it’s another string stop or something like that? Just curious as to what is it and if it’s something I could also possibly buy or if it’s only for that type of bow model

Wapiti_87

FNG
I’ll carry mine by the string at times to give my left arm a break, but even with the Kuiu bow carrier on my pack ready I’m too worried about missing a quick/lucky opportunity. Also have grouse around where I hunt elk, although lower in elevation that time of year typically

11boo

WKR
I carry during hunting hours but have a small bow hook attached to the left side of my pack which works great. I can rest it on there when hiking to take some weight off as long as it’s not too steep. It’s also nice to hang the bow so I can use two hands glassing and stabilize my binos a bit.

I have this coming, hope I like it. I carry my bow mostly, this is just for the same,
hang the bow to glass or whatever.

IMG_0663.pngIMG_0663.png

I have this coming, hope I like it. I carry my bow mostly, this is just for the same,
hang the bow to glass or whatever.

View attachment 568468View attachment 568468
I had something similar and didn’t like it because it was so tough to find a good balance point hanging the bow by the string. Below is what I ended up going with. Can carry horizontally by the grip or string, or vertically by the cam/limbs which works great for hands free glassing. Horizontally you usually have to keep a hand on it to keep it balanced.

Sportsman's Outdoor Products Tarantula Deluxe Bow Hook, Camo https://a.co/d/iunVwML

Mikido

WKR
Carry it by holding onto the string, for the last 10 years. Never had a problem and always ready

11boo

WKR
I had something similar and didn’t like it because it was so tough to find a good balance point hanging the bow by the string. Below is what I ended up going with. Can carry horizontally by the grip or string, or vertically by the cam/limbs which works great for hands free glassing. Horizontally you usually have to keep a hand on it to keep it balanced.

Sportsman's Outdoor Products Tarantula Deluxe Bow Hook, Camo https://a.co/d/iunVwML
Lol, I have that same hook, and don’t like it.

update, tried the third hand clip on our 3D course yesterday. I think that is just right for me. I carry my bow and just want to hang it when I need two hands.

IMG_7887.jpeg

Last edited: