Cast & Blast Recommendations: LA or TX?

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I am very fortunate to live in the Rockies along with most of my extended family. We get to spend a lot time chasing elk and deer--which is awesome. Having said that, my brother-in-law and I are trying to think outside the box and plan trip for January 2025 that would fall outside the "norm". I've always wanted to chase bull reds in the winter on the fly and figured that some duck hunting might mix in nicely. Can anyone recommend a reputable outfit for 3 day cast n' blast in either LA (first choice) or TX?

I can't recommend an outfit, but reds on the fly and big gator trout in the shallow flats down in Port Isabelle would be pretty fantastic. The whole coast will be full of ducks, we'll be in Port O'Connor chasing them in January, plenty of bull reds to be had there but doesn't lend to fly fishing so well unless you're looking for Tarpon in August.

Thebert15

FNG
Better hunting in Hackberry, LA and better fishing in Venice, LA but either way will be a great time for both!
Bel's Hackberry Hunting Club if ducks are priority.
La Bluewater Charters (Venice) if fishing is priority.

Personally, I would choose Venice, LA for the full Louisiana experience. Fly into New Orleans, take an hour ride south to Venice, LA. There are tons of reputable guide services down there. Also, highly recommend booking one day Offshore fishing (Tuna, Wahoo, etc) and one day inshore fishing for redfish.

I was in Texas during the big freeze, for work, and stay in touch with guys down there. A ton of inshore fish got killed and apparently the fishery hasn't completely rebounded. As others said, I'd look at LA