Celebrating National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
dK5FgOX.jpg

Yesterday was National Squirrel Appreciation Day but I had some things to do after work so I wasn't able to celebrate. I felt bad about that so I made sure I had time this afternoon to let my bushy tailed friends know how much I like them...right next to the biscuits and gravy.

Darren

IsThisHeaven

Lil-Rokslider
dK5FgOX.jpg

Yesterday was National Squirrel Appreciation Day but I had some things to do after work so I wasn't able to celebrate. I felt bad about that so I made sure I had time this afternoon to let my bushy tailed friends know how much I like them...right next to the biscuits and gravy.

Darren

Do you get any Fox Squirrels in your area?

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
There are a few fox squirrels but mainly grays. The terrain around my house is not the type of habitat favored by fox squirrels. At my farm, though, there are quite a few although they are still outnumbered by their gray cousins.

Darren

Reddfin

FNG
I appreciate thdm entrtsining me while i wait for a whitetsil on the stand. I have shot and eaten nore than I care to counr. They are fun to hunt though.

Once upon a time I had some gents from North Dakota came elk hunting with me. After a couple days they asked 'what are those annoying little red things in the trees? I said squirrels and they said no- squirrels are grey.

My experience tells me Montana Pine squirrels are a small bundle of pine flavored rubber bands with an attitude.

OP
dhaverstick

dhaverstick

Lil-Rokslider
I fixed this for my buddies at the barbershop not too long ago. Fried squirrel, fried taters, gravy made from the drippings, buttermilk biscuits, and peanut butter & chocolate brownies for dessert. That will make your tummy smile!
pdv8z2g.jpg

FPmTLlm.jpg

gSm2Q8k.jpg

QQ3UE9A.jpg

aourNdP.jpg

Darren