Cell Phone Coverage

Fatcamp

WKR
Who uses what? We currently have Verizon but they are charging us about double what AT&T would.

SD, WY, CO are where we spend our time.

Is it really double? I am currently with Verizon as well, but have been with Sprint twice in the past 15 - 20 years. I switched to Sprint from Verizon about 7 years ago because I thought that they were going to give me everything I was getting with Verizon, but at 2/3 the cost. After about a year, I realized that there was almost no difference in cost and the service was nowhere near as reliable. After about 2 years with Sprint I switched back to Verizon and have been with them ever since, don't see myself ever leaving them.

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
We're in SD and travel to Mt., WY., Id. and Wash and only lose service in some areas but overall great service bad pricing

I have Verizon and the coverage to me is way better than the others. I’ve had sprint in the past and it was garbage and brothers have had att and in the same areas i would get service and they wouldn’t. Maybe call them and see what you can work out? Sometimes it does pay to switch providers for a few months and then go back with their promos they’re offering.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
Is it really double? I am currently with Verizon as well, but have been with Sprint twice in the past 15 - 20 years. I switched to Sprint from Verizon about 7 years ago because I thought that they were going to give me everything I was getting with Verizon, but at 2/3 the cost. After about a year, I realized that there was almost no difference in cost and the service was nowhere near as reliable. After about 2 years with Sprint I switched back to Verizon and have been with them ever since, don't see myself ever leaving them.

AT$T currently has 4 lines for $140 deal going on. We can also get new phones at a discount which makes for a significant savings.

We tried negotiating with Verizon, no dice.

I had a quick look at AT&T and Verizon websites. Verizon also has a plan for $35 per line with unlimited data. Don't forget to add in all of the taxes and user fees, etc. to that $140 per month. In the end, you get what you pay for and I would argue that dollar for dollar, Verizon has the best coverage and service from my experience.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR
I had a quick look at AT&T and Verizon websites. Verizon also has a plan for $35 per line with unlimited data. Don't forget to add in all of the taxes and user fees, etc. to that $140 per month. In the end, you get what you pay for and I would argue that dollar for dollar, Verizon has the best coverage and service from my experience.

Ya. $45 a month for our new phones with Verizon is providing the motivation to even look at changing. I will take a better look at our plan and maybe can make some changes to offset the phone cost.

Coverage is king, but I really like hanging onto my money.

Verizon

We also have a cell booster in the wife’s Jeep Wrangler. There were areas between NV and ID, and up in the ID panhandle that when using the booster switched the Cell signal from one bar to three or more when using it....

krohboy

WKR
Who uses what? We currently have Verizon but they are charging us about double what AT&T would.

SD, WY, CO are where we spend our time.

I was on AT&T for the last 10 years and switched to Verizon this past fall. I have had a significant increase in quality of service in Western SD, CO, and Wyoming where I spend a lot of time. In the past AT&T service was almost non existent past the Missouri River.

Two falls ago a hunting partner was video calling his wife on the mountain while elk hunting with Verizon, I being on at&t hadn't had a bar of service since we left the last town.

They may have improved it over the last year but if service is even close to the same as I experienced I would pay double for Verizon over them.

krohboy

WKR
Strange. Where I hunt in Wyoming the Verizon guys are SOL but ATT works fine. Probably a fluke.
One problem with comparing coverages are flukes like this. I experience a few isolated areas where ATT was actually better then Verizon. For me the times Verizon was better far out weighed those experiences. For someone else depending on exact location the opposite could happen.

wyosteve

WKR
Milestone--what cell booster are you using? I'm considering one. I've had good luck with Wilson in the past.

WCB

WKR
I switched from Sprint to Verizon about 6 years ago....WAY better coverage out the gate. Don't know if Sprint or ATT have caught up at all but I live in MN and hunt and fish all over ND, SD, WY, MT. Travel to Colorado and Idaho fishing and really don't have problems with service. Of course there are a few weird dead spots and some expected ones but no complaints at all.

dtrkyman

WKR
I’ve had a single line from Verizon for a few years, work paid for it, 69 bucks a month.

Switched back after job change to att which we have 5 lines, 28 bux a month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk