Chassis Hunting Rigs

Tremain4414

WKR
Classified Approved
She does shoot nice....now to find a steady supply of fuel for that thing! 🇺🇸
Yeah I got it out to the range and was shooting .65 MOA at 200 with just the bipod, no rear bag. Probably about as good as I could push it.

I’ve only been able to push it out to 525 but I was getting 1st round hits on a softball size rock.

Fuel on the other hand has been a whole different beast lol. I’ve got my little stockpile and cringe every time I take a box or two out to head to the range...hopefully the madness ends soon and we can get back to normal, whatever that looks like

bpctcb

WKR
LSS-XL chassis, 20” 300 win mag, suppressed.
b70696667d0ef3214eab375263d878c4.jpg

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BeastOfTheTrees
So this rifle is actually my go to hunting rifle for most hunts and I pack it around wherever that takes me. I sold it to the wife as my dream rifle and the last rifle I’ll ever need (notice I said need, not want haha).

All in it’s only about 8.5-9 lbs with the scope and bipod so it’s really not that bad. I got out of the Army a few years ago and just recently got back into hunting. I’ve only ever owned one “traditional” style hunting rifle and pretty much every other gun I’ve ever owned and/or shot has either been a chassis gun or on an AR platform. I can’t really speak to the huge advantages of one style over another. When I had this gun built the goal was to keep it light and reliable so I could pack it around but also keep it in a chassis since that’s what I was comfortable with (and I think they look pretty cool). As for the actual statistics and science behind one gun or the other I’m sure there are a million guys who can speak to that better than I can, I just like this rifle cause she’s a shooter, looks pretty sweet and is on a platform I’m comfortable with.
I too recently got out... 1-66AR, 1-63AR

I think the chassis systems are perfect for getting the feel of the M4 back, but in a hunting bolt action.... I love chassis guns, that’s just me though

crich

WKR
LSS-XL chassis, 20” 300 win mag, suppressed.
b70696667d0ef3214eab375263d878c4.jpg

BP

How do you like the 20" 300wm? I've been debating on what to get for my TBAC Dominus because putting it on my 24" 7mag is a bit cumbersome.

bpctcb

WKR
How do you like the 20" 300wm? I've been debating on what to get for my TBAC Dominus because putting it on my 24" 7mag is a bit cumbersome.

I love it; no regrets. I will now always have a 20” 300 mag in my arsenal. I’d suggest cutting your 7 mag down to 20” and thread it.

BP

Sadler

WKR
ceb073d9bf354353b9bdb629c62e8959.jpg

This one weighs 9# 2oz with magnesium chassis and carbon fiber buttstock.

BP

I just ordered that exact chassis for a tikka in 300 WSM. Crossing my fingers I don’t have to wait the entire 16 week lead time to get it!

JustinD

FNG
I’m hoping to build a 6.5 PRC on this chassis. How does it feel in cold weather? November hunts in Alberta are often around 0 deg F. I heard there was an attachment that may be able to be put on the front for
This?

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Are you packing that around the mountains? Curious how people like carrying them through the bush.

Noobie question, aside from adjustability and slight accuracy gain, what do you gain with a chassis? For someone interested in a multi purpose hunting and sport rifle who would like to make long range shooting a hobby, what do I gain by using a chassis?

How do you like the pistol grip style? I've never held a chassis before but they interest me like crazy and I have caught the long range bug real bad the last couple of years. Is it a dumb idea to want a do it all rifle with a chassis to pack around the mountains IF weight is of no concern?

Thanks, sorry for the 20 questions😂

It's not a hunting rig for me... but, my chassis rifle is my most accurate. No bedding, no muss, no fuss, just a great shooting rifle from day 1. If you don't enjoy constantly f'ing with a crappy factory stock (or even a nice one) to get a rifle dialed in and shooting well, a chassis sells itself.

Kris

FNG
Im assuming yall are putting your rifles in chassis to address comb height on your stocks? Ive been shooting my ridgeline for a few years now with a strap on cheek riser, i just hate it. For anyone that has a ridgeline and made the switch, did you notice any weight savings?

gexpro

WKR
Classified Approved
Im assuming yall are putting your rifles in chassis to address comb height on your stocks? Ive been shooting my ridgeline for a few years now with a strap on cheek riser, i just hate it. For anyone that has a ridgeline and made the switch, did you notice any weight savings?
about 1.5lb weight saving for me switching to XLR 3.0M w/ carbon furniture from the factory stock. Yes, the comb was crux for me.

• Love
Reactions: XLR
OP
BeastOfTheTrees
Weight savings I wouldn’t really say much at all. Sure it’s possible but usually it’ll be a tad heavier than your lightweight stocks. The perfect adjustability and ergonomics is why I did it. I saw an SF guy with one a couple years ago and started researching it.

Being able to be so relaxed on the gun with the perfect cheek weld, eye relief, length of pull makes your fundamentals improve. Add in the endless customization, such as being able to choose your grip and there is no reason you can’t start shooting better.

Also for me it’s a comfort thing, it kind of feels like my m4.