Cheap Chinese tipis.

Kevin_t

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Well im 🥲. But hopefully only once. Pulled the trigger on a SO 6 man tipi. If Lite made a bigger one than the 5 person I would have gone that route. As is I’m nervous the 6 won’t be big enough but sure I can offload it if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I helped someone setup in a Lite win NM a few weeks ago. Not bad, but fairly run of the mill foreign execution. There is a sizable difference for the price IMO and full disclosure I founded SO and am trying NOT to denigrate anyone else's product. I know which one I would take in crap weather.

mlgc20

WKR
For me, the last piece of gear that I want to go "cheap" on is my shelter. I went down that road too many times and spent too many miserable nights and ruined trips with a bad shelter. In the wrong conditions, it could even be dangerous in some of those shelters. Personally, I would try to save money somewhere else.

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
The problem with the Chinese CCP made equipment is they make a initial run of whatever they are making with like quality and materials. Then they get greedy and figure out how to cut corners with cheaper and inferior materials and manufacturing. With Chinese goods you never know what you are getting. If you do any remote primitive hunting you are eventually going to get into some severe weather. Been there with a American made tent on a Mtn in the NWT, sure glad we didn’t have some unproven cheap Chinese CCP made crap.

OP
C
I helped someone setup in a Lite win NM a few weeks ago. Not bad, but fairly run of the mill foreign execution. There is a sizable difference for the price IMO and full disclosure I founded SO and am trying NOT to denigrate anyone else's product. I know which one I would take in crap weather.

Thanks Kevin. Tipi arrived a couple weeks ago. Got to set it up for an afternoon in the yard and burn in the stove. Happy with it so far and it held heat better than I thought it would. Little tough to set up but was dealing with ice / frozen ground so that was the issue, not the tent. Should put to use soon for spring fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk