Cheap Cooler Recomendations

What do you guys recommend these days? It's typically used to store food.

I'm not willing to pay for a Yeti/or alternative especially when it's 0-20 degrees at night where we hunt. I've always got by with Coleman coolers, but my buddy took ours when he moved.

nobody

WKR
We started using Lifetime coolers a few years ago and really love them. Not the cheap $30 coleman ones, but not as much as the Yeti's and other brands. They are still bear proof and are made really well. lifetime warranty and made in the USA, they hold ice great!

nobody

WKR
The gray ones?

Yes. The 55 Quart ones are usually right around $100, the new 77 Quarts have been going for like $125 in store from what I've seen. Totally worth the additional money over the cheap-os without draining your wallet! 15/10 would highly recommend!

I use 120 qt coleman marine coolers. Kept my ice blocks frozen solid for a week in back of car. I pre chill them for 24 hrs before adding ice blocks then throw an old sleeping bag over top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhlyanPan

FNG
I also picked up one of the bear rated lifetime coolers a couple of years ago. Really love it. It's not quite as good as a yeti, but pretty close and you can get 3 of them at the same price as 1 yeti.

bhylton

WKR
the big white marine coolers from igloo and coleman are great. keeps ice right with my Grizzly cooler on a 7 day trip like your describing "20-30 at night, up to 50s-60s and sunny in the day

cusecat04

FNG
I bought 2 120qt coleman marine coolers a few years ago, with rebate they were $55 each, keep good ice, especially with 2nd season night temps, save your $ for tags ( and flowers if you’re married)

hartigjosh

Lil-Rokslider
I was on the fence about new coolers for an upcoming trip... I needed something that I could strap to the top of my truck bed cover (diamondback). The Yetis have feet on them to grip and also slots to run a strap through. I had two Colemans from Walmart (probably $50 each) that I decided to outfit a bit. I added 3m rubber pads to the bottom to act like feet, then drilled strap brackets (think of the ones you would add to a boat or kayak) and boom, I got a Feti (fake yeti)! Or so I thought. I for got one key component... the hatch. I guess I will be using duct tape. Looking back I should have just bought an RTIC and called it a day

Another vote for the Lifetime cooler. I have had a 55 quart for several years. I can fill it with frozen jugs and itll hold em for a week and a half hunting trip. Durable, good latches, nice drain plug, good price, easy to grab handles.

Voyageur

WKR
I'll second what others have said and suggest Igloo and/or Coleman Marine coolers.

OP
I picked up a Lifetime. It seems like a pretty nice cooler for the price.

I would buy a Yeti or similar brand, but I see it as a waste of $$$ especially for hunting in the cold.

Igloo or coleman made in usa big ones from Walmart. There like a 5 day deal, I got like 2 weeks out of one with 6 ice blocks from maverik and some of their bags of ice. I duck taped the lid and left it in the bed of my truck. Temps from 70-14 sun rain and snow mixed through out

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
This one was great. 8 days of ice in the back of my truck (under a cover) in WY. Day temps in mid 70s/sunny.

$99 at costco.
I've got an Igloo Max Cold I've had for 16 years. It's taken a beating strapped to open deck trailers with dirt bikes and 4-wheelers, but it's always kept ice for days. It's the best cooler I'd come across back before anyone had heard of a Yeti or spending more than $200 on a cooler. Mine is silver with a mountain relief on the outside, but I don't think they make them like that anymore. I'll probably buy another one at some point.