Cheap Stuff that Works

I went direct through swazi. I think the exchange rate put it at about $62 with shipping.

Yep mine was $68 can't wait to try it out. Looks like a nice hoodie!

I bought one as well. Looks awesome. $67.97 to my door from NZ. Excited to put it through its paces.

You’ll love it! I love mine so much it has turned into an everyday wearer....I think I’ll buy another one to save and keep nice just for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found an additional use for my hood this weekend you guys may be interested in, wad it up to your desired firmness of pillow, stick it in the hood of your sleeping bag, sleep like a baby. Bye-bye inflatable and emasculating blow-up pillow! Haha

Superdoo

WKR
Here’s a DIY I put together for some cheapo zipper pants - y’all gave me the idea from this thread and others about using and up-sourcing military surplus.

DIY zipper puffy pants

These are legit. $7 each for the pants and $10 per pair of zippers off Amazon. Supper easy sewing mod!

NDGuy

WKR
thanks. Mine got here today. Little roomy in the waist but fits great in the shoulders. I think i'll enjoy it
Same fit for me. I am 5'6" 175 I didn't want the M to be too tight in the shoulders. I am glad I went L but it does stink it is a hair loose in the waist.

TxxAgg

WKR
Same fit for me. I am 5'6" 175 I didn't want the M to be too tight in the shoulders. I am glad I went L but it does stink it is a hair loose in the waist.
I'm 6' 225 and went with XL. Just dropped at the tailor down the street to get the bottom taken in. I like the rest so much I figured it's worth the added cost to get the fit just right.

NDGuy

WKR
I'm 6' 225 and went with XL. Just dropped at the tailor down the street to get the bottom taken in. I like the rest so much I figured it's worth the added cost to get the fit just right.
Yep think I will do the same

Gonewest

WKR
Anyone used a RaptorRazor Scrambler?

I’ve used it. Works pretty good.

OG10

FNG
DIY stalking pads, duct tape and painters foam.to prevent cactus. The more tape you use the higher resistance to puncture.Duct tape always carry some into camp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-17-16-01-21.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-17-16-01-21.png
    594.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_2020-10-17-16-01-11.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-17-16-01-11.png
    587.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

OG10

FNG
It helps prevent this.Annoying cactus thorns, you can also add face shield plastic to stop mesquite thorns.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-10-21-19-05.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-10-21-19-05.png
    440.5 KB · Views: 163

fmyth

WKR
If you like that one, check this one out as well. Like the big boning knife but shorter. It’s called the rabbit knife. It’s got a perfect curve for skinning and boning. Nice all around, pretty much my main carry knife anymore
6d4bfeb3180c2ef4f11e256c0156b732.jpg

Amazon just delivered my knife. Holy hell this thing is sharp. Quite possibly the sharpest knife I've ever handled. Will have to hide it from my wife. A while back I bought a small Victorinox paring knife and the first time she used it she damn near cut the tip of her finger off. This new one is much sharper.

EastMT

WKR
Amazon just delivered my knife. Holy hell this thing is sharp. Quite possibly the sharpest knife I've ever handled. Will have to hide it from my wife. A while back I bought a small Victorinox paring knife and the first time she used it she damn near cut the tip of her finger off. This new one is much sharper.

If you are going to carry it in your pack, build a little kydex sheath for it, it will ruin a pack.

Another nice little tool is the DMT mini hone, under an once, nice to touch up if you bang it on the rocks, which never happens ha!

6b0bef70c71ce4d26ed9f6cf68ea9e3f.jpg

fmyth

WKR
If you are going to carry it in your pack, build a little kydex sheath for it, it will ruin a pack.

Another nice little tool is the DMT mini hone, under an once, nice to touch up if you bang it on the rocks, which never happens ha!

6b0bef70c71ce4d26ed9f6cf68ea9e3f.jpg
I'm looking for a sheath for it now. If it'll hold an edge it will be going with me in my pack. If not I will keep it in my camp box for boning out back at camp.

EastMT

WKR
It will hold an edge as long as you don’t hit rocks, it’s softer steel than the hard stuff, but you can cut up quite a bit before honing it. I stone mine down to a really fine angle, so it takes a bit more fine tuning, but I want it havalon sharp all the time, so I sharpen it if it needs it or not.

alabamahunt

Lil-Rokslider
Been super pleased with my cheap outdoor edge swing blade knife and the $7 sharpened that comes with it. Honestly nothing skins a deer or hog like the skinning side of the blade and it holds an edged extremely well