Cheap Stuff that Works

Goodtimekiller

similar the the response above me, I’d recommend the Eddie Bauer guide pro pants (they just came out with camo if you like, but slate green is a great solid) and the Eddie Bauer cirruslite down jacket. Both can be had for sales around $40 or less. Never pay full price for Eddie Bauer stuff.

I like the Sam’s denali pants better than eddie bauer and they are $12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coop22250

UL fuel efficient cook system

This is a great stove combo posted by Troutbum. BRS stove, Inferno pot, ultralight, ultra cheap. He has the fuel consumption tested out. I’ll be adding this to my lineup as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BHilton

Stanley adventure cook set. $14
Eddie Bauer brown puffy jacket from Sam’s club 600fill $30.

fmyth

Klymit Insulated Static V Lightweight Sleeping Pad. These are $85 but Klymit sells their returns (refurbished) on Ebay for $52.67 or best offer. I offered $45 shipped and got it. Looks and works like new. Needed an insulated light weight pad for potential spike camp during Sept Elk hunts in WY.

7-Pointers

Foam seat cushions. I prefer the blaze orange so I don't leave it behind. I just got a couple more at a Fleet Farm for under $8. For extremely cold weather, I have one that I duck taped reflectix to one side to sit on. Looks ghetto but it helps to retain heat.
If you keep your foam seat cushions in the water bladder pouch of your cheap fabric daypacks you add structure to the pack and protection from the odd shaped items in your bag dramatically increasing comfort of these super lightweight packs.

Fryeloc

Anyone tried this from duluth, just curious how it compares to The Hood? It's on sale right now so comp price (edit)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-055204.png
    Screenshot_20210422-055204.png
    462 KB · Views: 85

Voyageur

Anyone tried this from duluth, just curious how it compares to The Hood? It's on sale right now so comp price (edit)

Thanks for asking this. I was wondering the exact same thing yesterday when perusing the Duluth site. Hopefully someone will answer.

K1United

Mini super glue tubes from dollar store, they weigh .5g each and are used for multiple things. Cuts, equipment and clothing repairs, etc..always keep two in the first aid kit.
I’ve always kept a super glue tube in the kill kit for the same reasons but now also take a tube of liquid skin with a few butterflies after watching a buddy hack his finger almost off with a havalon. Luckily he had swiped a tube of liquid bandages from work and we were able to glue it shut way quicker with much more contact and adhesion than super glue. Since then I have managed to almost take a finger off while skinning as well and thankfully had it available to repeat the procedure and avoid additional tissue damage.

Medique Products 92812 Liquid Skin Bandage, 10 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HC3QMYA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_98DC6E0WV1FWRW898W08

idcuda

7 years, so far, on my vanguard endeavor ed 10x42s. $140, "used" on Amazon.

Only recently started getting the bug to find something new. Out of boredom, more than anything.