Cheap Stuff that Works

If you are doing any digiscoping, these are invaluable. At high magnification, just touching the phone screen can add blur. And if you are alone and have an animal you want a photo with, these make setting up the phone and clicking the photo shutter a breeze.

Get a couple of them for a few dollars and super easy to set up.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Under Armour has some puffy pants on sale in their outlet right now for about $90. I've also seen a few options on Amazon for around $50-60. I haven't used any of them but there are some options out there.
Another option for a liner pant for colder weather. Cold weather liner.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider

Jockc

FNG
The fleece-lined Magnum softshell pants at Costco are available online in green in reasonable sizes for $15, shipping included. My message won’t post with the link, so do a search.

BLJ

WKR
The fleece-lined Magnum softshell pants at Costco are available online in green in reasonable sizes for $15, shipping included. My message won’t post with the link, so do a search.
Any idea on how these fit? Comparable to the wrangler ATG? Thanks.

Jockc

FNG
Any idea on how these fit? Comparable to the wrangler ATG? Thanks.
None. I actually ordered them, but they won’t arrive before the sale ends. Most reviews are very positive, though, as usual, there are exceptions.

BLJ

WKR
None. I actually ordered them, but they won’t arrive before the sale ends. Most reviews are very positive, though, as usual, there are exceptions.
Thanks. I was hoping to get some insight before I presented but for the price, I’ll take a chance.

Thanks. I was hoping to get some insight before I presented but for the price, I’ll take a chance.
They’re awesome. I’ve been wearing them non-stop. Going to ski a trapline this weekend and I’ll likely be wearing these with a base layer or two underneath. I sized big and was happy I did. Costco has been pretty good with exchanges if they are too small/big, though.

Reactions: BLJ
Costco has a fleece performance hoody right now for $20. It is a stretch fleece with pockets high enough to wear with a pack on. So far for me the Wrangler outdoor pants and Condor 2 grid fleece are the best things I have from this thread. Also M65 insulated pant liners, Costco merino socks,...... It goes on and on.

Last edited:

BLJ

WKR
Costco pants showed up yesterday. I like them. They seem to fit me a lot better than the Wranglers. A little more room for bigger legs. Also ordered my normal size and they were true.
We’ll worth $15 and I think still a bargain at $25.

Reactions: fey

rtkbowhunter

Lil-Rokslider

Fit is pretty good. Spot on with my size 36x32. Wore them outside this weekend, seemed to cut the wind decent enough. Only beef is no cargo or zippered pockets, just a small velcro pocket on the left leg for maybe a cell phone. Looking to get another pair in the gray.

I had a head snap off in mildly rocky ground. But they are so cheap and light I carry an extra or 2

To be fair I have t used them anywhere really rocky yet, but like you mentioned, for the price… and they come with 16, I think my tent only uses 9 if I put all the guy lines out.

One thing I did though was replace the shitty pull cord on each of them with some stiffer, lighter, more visible material.

I will also add another vote for the Costco Weatherproof and Gerry brand pants. Great every day and early season pant. The only thing I don’t like is they don’t breath tremendously well. That being said, I can buy 10 pair of these for every one pair of Attacks I own and I am significantly less pissed when the Costco pants get ruined.

Kayl

FNG
Fit is pretty good. Spot on with my size 36x32. Wore them outside this weekend, seemed to cut the wind decent enough. Only beef is no cargo or zippered pockets, just a small velcro pocket on the left leg for maybe a cell phone. Looking to get another pair in the gray.
Wore mine yesterday in 0° or slightly negative temps and they were great. I'll probably buy another pair too. Great recommendation!