Cheek riser bargain.

Fatcamp

WKR
So you had to file the holes out wider to get the screws in correct? Mainly due to the template not lining up in the correct spot? Close but not perfect. I wonder if the adaptor should be filed slightly to get it to seat in the top of the stock? My # 2 adapter seem to bottom out on the side of the stock about 1-2mm from flush at the top. The adapter seems just a tiny bit too wide for the curve of my stock. If that was the case it would thrown the holes in the template off a bit. Just a theory! Or….is the side of the adapter suppose to jam in the side of the stick to help hold it???

I think it'd supposed to jam up in there nice and tight. Mine did and once I got it together it's solid.

Darryle

WKR
If a man wanted, he can make this work on a Browning X-Bolt. I had two of their Stalker stocks apart installing the factory Browning cheek riser and before installing the nutserts, I played around with the bargain riser. It will work, no template I saw would put everything in the right spot. You would have to wing it on location. Drilling the three top holes would be a great start, just know that the way they put their recoil pad bosses, they run the entire length. You could shim or bond the block in place.

Shove it far enough forward and you will need to sand the block to fit properly. But you can make it work.

Will it work on the Rokstok? 😂

Glad to see these. I’ve been using Bradley cheek rests for a few years and have liked them. This seems more streamlined

SloppyJ

WKR
BOLT DOES NOT COME OUT WHEN USING T3X TEMPLATE!!!!

CLOSE, BUT NO.

Oh damn! That's no good.

Tip for all of you messing with the Styrofoam. You can use spray foam in there if you want to ditch the chunks of normal foam they use from the factory. Just a little bit should quiet the hollow sound down quite a bit. Not sure if this would aid in your install or not but wanted to pass it along.

Thanks for posting these up. Interested in one for my savage. I'll look and see if it works with an accustock. If not I'll just pick up a stockys.

Well…as expected this wasn’t a 5 min job on a Tikka T3X. Took me about 45 min of mucking around, broke both riser posts off (pic) when the riser got stuck down and wouldn’t come back up. Luckily, I bought two. Had to take it all back apart and use the 2nd riser, which seems to work better but not overly smooth. If your holes aren’t perfect, it tends to bind a bit. Once on, looks and functions pretty well. Knowing what I know, I would go with the Victor screw on model and be done with it!

Attachments

• IMG_5252.jpeg
    IMG_5252.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 48

Fatcamp

WKR
You can just unscrew the knob and pull the riser off as well, correct? Nothing else hindering it?

Yes. I never clean my rifle so it's not a big deal to me. Others like to scrub their bore and might see it differently.

Fatcamp

WKR
Well…as expected this wasn’t a 5 min job on a Tikka T3X. Took me about 45 min of mucking around, broke both riser posts off (pic) when the riser got stuck down and wouldn’t come back up. Luckily, I bought two. Had to take it all back apart and use the 2nd riser, which seems to work better but not overly smooth. If your holes aren’t perfect, it tends to bind a bit. Once on, looks and functions pretty well. Knowing what I know, I would go with the Victor screw on model and be done with it!

Ya, I wasn't sure I was gonna get mine back off once I had it bound up the first time.

Mikido

WKR
My rifle wasn’t one of those listed, but it was pretty easy to find the block that closely fit and install. I much prefer this to the typical kydex riser with 2 bolts.IMG_3361.jpegIMG_3360.jpeg

Mikido

WKR
Able to make it work in a Sako A7. As well. I had to shim the sides of the block with some layers of duct tape. Also rush and snapped the posts of the riser, which I jb welded back. Best affordable check riser option I’ve seen
IMG_3366.jpeg
IMG_3365.jpeg