Chene vs Divebomb, rubba boot advice needed.

deadwolf

WKR
I’m done. I’ve worn xtra tuffs since I could walk, and the slip ons since they came out. Fast forward to the present and the sell out to China….. I’ve blown out three pairs of slip ons way too fast. They’re garage.

I’ve narrowed down the replacement to either boots from dive bomb industries or Chene, hoping to hear some reviews on either whether it’s good or bad. Thanks all

https://chenegear.com/collections/footwear/products/chene-scout-boot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yfarm

WKR
Given the proliferation of this style of boot being sold by xtratuff, huk, grundens,pelagic, etc wouldnt surprise me if these are all being made by the same maunfacturing facilities In China. Try Gemplers store brand 6” or look into Skellerup, Gemplers used to sell them, look similar to their store brand. Skellerups were made in New Zealand now China. Another is the Tingley airgo low cut boot, many reviews that say will never go back to a neoprene boot. Dive bombs are made in China

Last edited:
OP
D

deadwolf

WKR
Anyone have Chene or Divebomb boots? Getting ready to get something shortly

JRS3

FNG
Anyone have Chene or Divebomb boots? Getting ready to get something shortly

Same question ….I have had Xtratuf and they last about a year of decent use then fall apart. They are more comfortable to me than Huk but how do the Chene’s compare?

OP
D

deadwolf

WKR
I bought the Chene boots, and put suoerfeet insoles in them on arrival. Had them about 6mo now with only one complaint, the loop in the back to pull them on is flat, but they told me they’ve remedied this on boots going forward. Other than that I dig them. I’m not doing anything hard use with them, but I wear them everyday in the fall winter spring here in Alaska….which is 11 months of the year

JRS3

FNG
I bought the Chene boots, and put suoerfeet insoles in them on arrival. Had them about 6mo now with only one complaint, the loop in the back to pull them on is flat, but they told me they’ve remedied this on boots going forward. Other than that I dig them. I’m not doing anything hard use with them, but I wear them everyday in the fall winter spring here in Alaska….which is 11 months of the year

I use Superfeet insoles everywhere I can. They are great.

My gripes with Xtratuffs:

1) the camo version shows marks and scratches way to easy. I can get over this but was the first impression.

2) the back ankle knocks for pulling the boots off broke after about 25-30 uses.

3) the sides cracked within one year.

I use them for bumming around the southeast in wet conditions and general woods use. Maybe have worn them 36x. I feel like they were used properly but not abused. They are comfortable and like the idea but wanting to see if Chene’s are just better product.