Chest packs

Kybosh27

FNG
Not sure if this is quite the right spot for this but I was wondering what people are using for a chest pack with a bino harness, somewhere I can mount a holster, and possibly bear spray. I've got the vortex chest pack my diamondback 10x42s came with but there really isn't anywhere to mount other things.
I’m running KUIU’s bino harness and really like it a lot. I have the range finder attached to the right and the lanyards that come with it are nice. I’m sure there’s probably a way to mount a holster and bear spray but I’m not positive as I usually have those on my hip belt. Lots of good choices out there that’s for sure.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
Been using a Hill People Gear Original Kit Bag as my bino/holster. It fits my Sig 320 in the back pouch and a pair of Leupold 10x42's in the middle with plenty of room to carry odds and ends in the front.

WKR
Another vote for marsupial gear. They can get heavy with a handgun attached. I have mine set up to clip into the straps of my packs to help balance it.

wilbur007

FNG
The Hill People Gear chest rigs are superb. I have the Recon with a pouch on the front for larger binoculars. The harness system makes the weight carry so well and their build quality is excellent.

They also have a nice rigging setup where you can attach the chest rig to your backpack's shoulder straps so it all ties together.

drm9320

FNG
I use the marsupial enclosed bino harness and have no complaints. Not has easy to grab the binos one handed compared to my buddies standard version but I like the added protection. Doesn't feel bulky or in the way at all. Added the ranger finder pouch and bow hangers which also work great. Probably going to add a holster to the bottom for my Montana elk hunt this fall.

maxmfs

FNG
+1 for the Hill People Gear. I have a full size kit bag, and am a huge fan. It should for the move nicely for you.

Aklongbow

FNG
I love my Marsupial no-mag and pistol holster....... it carrys high and tight , even with a revolver in it .
Also great people to do business with !

Rokwiia

WKR
The Hill People Gear chest rigs are superb. I have the Recon with a pouch on the front for larger binoculars. The harness system makes the weight carry so well and their build quality is excellent.

They also have a nice rigging setup where you can attach the chest rig to your backpack's shoulder straps so it all ties together.

The ability to "dock" the chest pack to your backpack is one of the best features. It makes your chest pack feel weightless even when loaded up and heavy otherwise.

I have the Marsupial Gear enclosed and Hill People Gear SAR Kit Bag, both are very nice. I typically use the Hill People Gear for fishing and turkey hunting, may use it for elk/deer this year so I can carry my camera as well

wilbur007

FNG
The ability to "dock" the chest pack to your backpack is one of the best features. It makes your chest pack feel weightless even when loaded up and heavy otherwise.
Because goodness knows it's easy to put too much stuff in them!

Goshawk

FNG
I use the Fury 5000 range finding Binos (a little bulky) . Does anyone know if they will fit in the Marsupial?

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
Check out our binocular harnesses as well. We make them in South Dakota. 100% modular setup with PALS on both sides of the pouch and laser cut PALS on the bottom. No pouches flopping around on the side straps. We make a ton of accessory pouches from turkey pot call pouches to bear spray pouches and range finder pouches. We utilize Razco holsters which hook to the side webbing that holds the female buckles on the binocular pouch.

If you look at my signature, you can use that link or code "ROKSLIDE15" for 15% off your order.

For a non magnetic option, check out Catamount.

IMG_0024.jpg

Goshawk

FNG
Check out our binocular harnesses as well. We make them in South Dakota. 100% modular setup with PALS on both sides of the pouch and laser cut PALS on the bottom. No pouches flopping around on the side straps. We make a ton of accessory pouches from turkey pot call pouches to bear spray pouches and range finder pouches. We utilize Razco holsters which hook to the side webbing that holds the female buckles on the binocular pouch.

If you look at my signature, you can use that link or code "ROKSLIDE15" for 15% off your order.

For a non magnetic option, check out Catamount.

View attachment 569911
So how much does it weigh?

I have a HPG that I like when I'm just out and about in the woods and not actually hunting. Great to put a handgun and assorted things in. It's a better general purpose chest pack and it gets unwieldly when trying to run it with binos. When I'm actively hunting and glassing, I like the FHF with a Razco mounted underneath.