Choosing a new bow

Currently have a RX3, had a cracked limb which I could have replaced but I’d rather move on to something more compact. My friend has the bow tech carbon Zion, and I’m very impressed by it. I’ve also found the apa black mamba air and think it’s an interesting bow but haven’t gotten one in hand. Does anyone have any experience with either of these and if you were to pick between the two which would you get?

WCB

WKR
I had the Carbon Icon (I know not the Zion but pretty much the same thing)...Least favorite bow I have ever owned. Bought it to be more compact and lighter for back backing. Loved it in the shop, bought it....but even adding more stabilizers and stuff to it I never shot it as well as I did my older bow or my current bow. It was just too light.

i suggest you go to a reputable shop and shoot a bunch of different bows. If you can't do your own bow work, having a local shop that can is essential.

OP
TheIndoorsman
i suggest you go to a reputable shop and shoot a bunch of different bows. If you can't do your own bow work, having a local shop that can is essential.
I will definitely do that if I go the zion route, I’d have to order it through bow hunters edge here in Colorado Springs anyway. I’ve narrowed it down to these two bows and am looking for opinions between the two.

Well, one is a kind of obscure company, and the other is a not super popular model. I wouldn't buy either without shooting it, loving it, and having a good locsl shop for support.

Carbo zion is a decent bow, but it's not on the same level as others. I would honestly take an Aplify over the zion in the same price level but it would be worth It to find a used flagship model for the same price. APAs are definitely cool but they are a little funny to tune if you or your shop doesn't have much experience with them. I've worked on a good handful but never got to spend much time shooting them, so I can't speak on how well they shoot.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
I have owned the Carbon Zion. It's a decent bow but the wind will push it around pretty easily unless you add some weight to it. I personally think the Diamond Deploy SB (same exact riser slightly different cams) is a better shooting bow. Might be a bit cheaper too.

I have had my run with the carbons. Carbon Air, Carbon Stealth, Carbon Icon, RX7, and Mach 34. Oh yeah, a Carbon Defiant that really sucked... I have switched back to aluminum. For me, aluminum bows hold better at full draw unless you add enough weight to the Carbon, and at that point it nullifies the main reason for owning a Carbon in the first place.