Christensen Ridgeline Firing Pin Spring

mtbraun

FNG
Have this in 300 WM, and after shooting 50 rounds am surprised how stiff the bolt is cocked/decocked and loaded/unloaded. Bolt lift and closure is very stiff. I called them and they use a 32 lb. firing pin spring, which seems really stiff.

There's so much negative Christensen feedback in other forums, it's hard to sort it all out, but one thing that seems consistent is very stiff bolt action. Has anyone done a spring swap that could share results and part numbers? So far all I found was a Duo firing pin spring from Tubb Precision (P/N CS700L).

Otherwise love the rifle, so just looking for some fine-tuning options after the hunting season. Thank you.

OP
M

mtbraun

FNG
In case anyone is interested, in speaking with a rifle builder, they are hearing Christensen is going to be lightening up their firing pin springs. Looking forward to this needed enhancement. I'll hopefully be able to retrofit my spring and improve bolt lift.

CCooper

WKR
I believe both PTG and Wolf make replacement springs. I would have to do some digging for part #'s.

Yea - they do have a very stiff firing pin spring, I have noticed that too - I sleep a little better knowing that I am getting a very hard primer strike tho!

Curious to see how this works out - I wonder too if a lot of the hard bolt lift people experience is the heavy FP spring with warm loads.

khuber84

WKR
I've used the Tubb duo spring in a couple CA Ridgeline actions, one a long, the other a short. Disassembly is a bit a pain in the buttocks, but it was worth it.

wcoats

FNG
I've used the Tubb duo spring in a couple CA Ridgeline actions, one a long, the other a short. Disassembly is a bit a pain in the buttocks, but it was worth it.
I know this is an old thread but I just picked up a CA Ridgeline barreled action in 6.5 Creedmoor and the only thing I don't like so far is the heavy bolt lift. Do you mind sharing the part # for the Tubb spring you used for SA Ridgeline?

khuber84

WKR
I know this is an old thread but I just picked up a CA Ridgeline barreled action in 6.5 Creedmoor and the only thing I don't like so far is the heavy bolt lift. Do you mind sharing the part # for the Tubb spring you used for SA Ridgeline?