Christensen Ridgeline

I can't speak to the 300 WM portion of your questions, but I have owned a Ridgeline in 7mm RM for about a year now. Shooting less than 1/2moa groups with 162gr ELD-X as well as 160gr Accubonds. I am going to load up some 168gr Berger VLDs very soon. I believe this rifle is very balanced for the size, especially considering the long barrel. The trigger is terrific. The fit & finish on my particular rifle was great. No problems there. I run mine with the side baffle brake, but will probably be trying out the harvester 30 can on it this summer. I have no regrets at all about this purchase. You'll have the Proof rifle guys out there talking down about it, and yes, Proof makes an amazing product, but for normal schmucks like myself, 1/2 moa is more than enough to make me happy. And the Proof rifles are double the price. I paid less than $1500 for my Ridgeline brand new. I know that if I ever miss a critter with this gun, it's my fault. This rifle will be sticking around for a while in my stable

robie

WKR
Oh if you order one call the guys at 1shot, they are a sponsor and will give you a great deal. I was able to order it with the side baffle brake through them and a sponsor discount.

A lot of people turn their nose up at Christensen these days because the early years of the company. Did they have some serious QC problems back in the day? No doubt about it. Their barrels now come from a very respectable custom barrel company that are then turned down and wrapped in house. Hell, I wouldn't have ever bought one of the new ones had I not got to test a bunch through work. I now own 3 and in my rifle shop they are no question the best selling rifle in the 1k-2k range. Any questions let me know.

Take off the carbon, look at it objectively.

Twist rates outside of 264 and 30 calibers are not ideal.

Mag box is too short

Stock is completely rubbish. Unless you like closed grips and chin welds.

Radial brakes suck.

Bolt fluting isn't a feature, its a look.

triggertechs are great but juxtaposed with a turned down tikka triggers.. even except for overtravel.

Now the traverse on the other has a lot more going right. There's something about McMillan sako hunter style stocks that are right.

picatinny rail is real nice (shoulda went 20moa tho)

Side port brake is supposed to be good.

Think they still have short mag boxes.

Not enamored with the weight, but in the bigger cartridges finished weight should be right where you want a dual purpose shooter/hunter rifle to be at.

ghostmoney

Lil-Rokslider
You should, I got a 20" 6.5 CM that is getting a Thunderbeast Ultra7 screwed onto the end, topped with a NXS 2.5-10...Its a sweet setup. When you want to order another 20" I have a dealer that special orders them that way from Christensen that way and sell them to guys wanting to run the rifle suppressed.

What velocity are you getting with the 20" barrel? Do you have a weight of the rifle with scope and suppressor mounted? That is the exact setup I am looking at going with for my lightweight backcountry rifle

What velocity are you getting with the 20" barrel? Do you have a weight of the rifle with scope and suppressor mounted? That is the exact setup I am looking at going with for my lightweight backcountry rifle

I have had really good luck with the Hornady 143 precision hunter ammo, it’s getting 2600 FPS. I also shot some Nosler trophy grade and it was about 50 FPS slower.

As for weight, I think I am just under 8lbs (7lb 12-14oz) it I recall... I’ll weigh it again and post back. That’s with a scope coat, a short atlas pic rail up front, unloaded, I don’t use a sling, and Hawkins hybrid rings.

I have a Ridgeline in 300 WM and really like it so far. Shooting the Barnes 180 TTSX, getting 3060fps and shooting well under MOA at the ranges I have shot so far (100-600 yards). Radial break isn't great, but yesterday shot 75+ rounds through it and shoulder isn't bruised, so it does the job but can easily be replaced with the side port. Other negative is because of the rounded narrow forend, harris bipods do not work well, isn't a problem for me but thought I would mention. Overall it is a great gun though and a good value in my opinion. I'm sitting at 8.5 lbs with gun, Zeiss 3-18x50 scope, fully loaded.

madcalfe

WKR
I have one in .300wsm and love it
shooting 178gr handloaded hornady eldx doing 3030fps with 64gr H4350
I switched the stainless brake for titanium, got rid of the stainless bolt shroud for a light weight alloy one, and fully bedded the stock.

1st pic with thumb in it is 110yards
2nd pic is at 300 yards (the circle is a pill bottle cap
)64685041-08AD-40DB-A51A-512AFC937851.jpegAFC93F89-FD00-4D92-9E4B-FE710361FFE0.png036B3D51-23A0-4DA9-ACF6-0FF30B20A0C2.jpeg