Christiansen arms 300prc e.l.r.

Diggo

FNG
I’m new to the Christiansen arms elr rifle. I found a new 300prc for $1400! I was more interested in the ridgeline because it is a bit lighter. Would this rifle be able to swap over to the lighter stock of it didn’t fit well? How does the price sound for such a rifle? Does anyone have any experience with it? Any information would really help as I’m on the fence because it’s not what I was initially looking for, but the price is hard to pass up!! Thx

After some research and everyone’s advice I picked it up! It feels Like it’s going to be a really nice rifle. I hope is shoots as good as it looks. Thx

Attachments

• C3D4DCE0-1E48-4746-906C-32557FCCE394.jpeg
    C3D4DCE0-1E48-4746-906C-32557FCCE394.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

HUNT JR

WKR
That's a good deal on that gun. I have one in 28 Nosler. I actually just bought a Grayboe Phoenix and that lightened the gun up about 10 oz give or take. The other difference between that rifle and a ridgeline is the contour of the barrel is heavier which adds to the weight. The action (except for the solid rail) is the same as the ridgeline when you inlet a stock. Mine shoots 1/2 minute with factory ammo.

OP
D

Diggo

FNG
That's a good deal on that gun. I have one in 28 Nosler. I actually just bought a Grayboe Phoenix and that lightened the gun up about 10 oz give or take. The other difference between that rifle and a ridgeline is the contour of the barrel is heavier which adds to the weight. The action (except for the solid rail) is the same as the ridgeline when you inlet a stock. Mine shoots 1/2 minute with factory ammo.
I wish it was a 28 nosler! It’s almost half off is why I’m considering it!
Is it an actual elr for that price?
Or a mesa lr?
actual elr!! Carbon fiber 26” barrel, 20moa rail integrated into the action. Elr!!

I wish it was a 28 nosler! It’s almost half off is why I’m considering it!

actual elr!! Carbon fiber 26” barrel, 20moa rail integrated into the action. Elr!!
Dang good deal then.
But prc is the single hardest rifle to get ammo and brass for.

My bud has the mesa in 300prc and i bought the bergara ridgeline in 300prc. They both are great shooters, unfortunately his chris didnt shoot the hornady ammo very well for his likening. 1” moa with the x and the m. My bergara shot it 1/2 but we reloaded and they are one holers. Shot 1/2” moa out to 1k. Treedog is very right on ammo, we jumped into prc at the very beginning and ammo was 36 a box now is 80 lowest ive found out of stock. We got all the brass and lead and powder preinsanity. Im not sure i could shoot mine very much w/o a suppressor, them guns are monsters as with all magnums so a tad heavy is actually easier on the shoulder. Buy it and have fun

J300UM

FNG
Man I’d be snatching it up in a hurry for that price! That receiver has a Rem 700 footprint so stock options will be plentiful if you don’t like the factory unit.

OP
D

Diggo

FNG
I had to!! Thanks for all the help with deciding if I should pick it up or not. It’s a pretty sweet rifle for what I paid! I had a $80 discount card from the store as well.

Attachments

• B4D02369-6415-49A2-99FE-3B735147BDCD.jpeg
    B4D02369-6415-49A2-99FE-3B735147BDCD.jpeg
    383.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
D

Diggo

FNG
Dang good deal then.
But prc is the single hardest rifle to get ammo and brass for.
I’m looking for a match set of dies already! You weren’t lying, 300 prc is like 6.5 prc, no where to be found!!