Chronographs

rkyoder

FNG
What is everyone using for chronographs? Looking for an entry level without breaking the bank.

Garmin owns that market now. You can for sure get a deal on a Labradar or a Magnetospeed since everyone is dumping them now. I sold my Lab for a song, since there are tons out there for sale now. Of the two, I was less frustrated with the Magneto. I have an old Chrony that works pretty well, but the cheaper ones just suck in general.

ODB

WKR
Wow. Had no idea Garmin made a chrono. A friend has a labrader and its damn good.

And let me say this... who knew Garmin was a such a pro-hunting company?? I sure didn't. God bless 'em.

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin Xero is worth saving for. Mine has not missed a shot. It worked great today in mid teen temps.

cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
It worked great today in mid teen temps.
👍 I shot 20 rounds off a portable bench sitting in my barn at -22F a couple days ago with an air rifle just to see if I could get my Garmin to have a hiccup. Never missed a shot - Avg vel, ES and SD were right where that rifle is.
I will say that it wasn’t significant but I used up way more battery than I normally show but then again I had to jump start my tractor - and it was plugged in.

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered one off Bass Pro Shop, will be here next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Garmin. It is my first and only, so cannot compare. It is easy to use, I never read the manual, turned it on, followed the prompts on screen, and recorded every shot shooting prone over my pack without an issue. It fits in a small case that I can toss in my range bag.

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin. It is my first and only, so cannot compare. It is easy to use, I never read the manual, turned it on, followed the prompts on screen, and recorded every shot shooting prone over my pack without an issue. It fits in a small case that I can toss in my range bag.
I started with the Caldwell. Trying to set that thing in line with your target took more time than actually shooting.

Reactions: Duh

Lytro

WKR
What are the advantages of a Garmin over a Labradar that makes them the only recommended option?

What are the advantages of a Garmin over a Labradar that makes them the only recommended option?
The Garmin works as intended, every time.

The Lab Radar is very finicky, when it comes to setup, commonly misses shots and is approximately the size of a highway billboard.

Lytro

WKR
They just work better, are way smaller, good battery life, good app, ease of use, flexible setup, not particular to positioning etc.

The Garmin works as intended, every time.

The Lab Radar is very finicky, when it comes to setup, commonly misses shots and is approximately the size of a highway billboard.

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the Garmin's are fairly idiot-proof, but not necessarily more precise if you already own a labradar and know how to use it.