Cimarron integrity and drying strategy questions

Recently purchased a Cimarron on here and upon initial setup I was very satisfied with the space and think it is going to be my new best friend. However, I do feel that the door sides of the tent are lacking guy out points. I feel adding a couple guy-outs on may add usable space to the perimeter of the tent, while also adding integrity.

When I pitched my new Cimarron in the yard it was breezy and without thinking I set it up so that one of the door sides was catching all of the wind, this greatly decreased the interior space and makes me wonder about the overall integrity of the tent in high winds. Of course when pitching the tent I would be intentional about facing the tent so that it bucks the wind as efficiently as possible, but we all know the wind is not predictable in the high country.

Anyone added guy-outs to a Cimarron? Pictures? Thoughts? How/where would you do it?

Also, looking for good ways to hang clothes for drying. Not seeing any places to hang any clothes line(s) in the tent. How are you guys drying gear in this puppy with two people? Adding spots to tie in a small clothesline? Send pics of your best method for drying gear if you have any!

Thanks a bunch.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Cut a center pole from a tree with some limbs. Trim the limbs and use those like coat racks to hang your gear near the stove/ pipe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WAHunter

FNG
Cut a center pole from a tree with some limbs. Trim the limbs and use those like coat racks to hang your gear near the stove/ pipe.

Haha, thats a great tip!

WTFJohn

WKR
I've had my Cimarron out in some pretty rough conditions; 8" new snow with constant 45-50 mph winds overnight, along with plenty of other nights of 30+ mph winds. The number of guyouts hasn't been a problem for me, in high winds pitch it tight to the ground and utilize the sod skirts. You're supposed to sleep with your head and toes towards the guyouts, it is a slightly rectangular shelter and this gives the most room for you & your gear. To dry gear I've used my tripod and trekking poles to rig up a rack of sorts to hang things from.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We've done additional guyouts on Cimarrons as a custom upcharge, and will still do them...but honestly it's not worth it.

We orient the grain of the fabric so the seams don't have very much stretch. Additional guyouts can become a big leak point that need careful seam sealing. So there's not a lot of upside to them, and there is a notable downside. We don't think they're useful in most cases.