Cimarron Question

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
Just getting ready to order a Cimarron, does that come with an aluminum pole or do I need order the carbon fiber pole that is available separately?

*Answered by Bekah, yep need to add the carbon pole. *

Thanks

Last edited:

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bought the rei pole and it works fine but now preferring to cut a stout limb as works for hanging socks and such and luckily where I go there are always good limbs availableD4449F8F-7ED3-4E39-A3CC-BDF6557155E7.jpeg33B9375A-9A6C-420D-9DF0-1259FB541406.jpeg98B9A016-5AD2-4361-A171-2E56C0170A17.jpeg

Stwrt9

WKR
You have to buy the pole separate. You can use trekking poles with an attachment, cut a branch or just buy an after market pole. I use the carbon fiber one form SO and it works great but you can certainly get away with the alternatives.

JV3220

FNG
I just use a adjustable aluminum painting stick from the hardware store for $18 works great. If I leave the truck I’ll just use trekking poles or a tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdeanwvu

FNG
I bought a cimarron last year. You don't need a specific pole for it. If you have a set of adjustable trekking poles just take the bottom section out of one pole and insert the tip into the open end. Then you can adjust as needed. I have used this method several times and with pretty substantial winds.

OP
K

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up buying the CF at the same time. A prussik and extra piece of 550 works for hanging clothes ect off of when run from the top out to a peg.
While I understand the idea of being uber-light by not taking a dedicated pole for the Cimarron and using trekking poles, I have zero interest in taking the poles out every morning when I leave the shelter as they go everywhere with me. Hiking poles get used to steady binoculars and used as a rifle rest if required.
653160EA-A96A-41A5-919E-B7EB621042C5.jpeg

jdeanwvu

FNG
I ended up buying the CF at the same time. A prussik and extra piece of 550 works for hanging clothes ect off of when run from the top out to a peg.
While I understand the idea of being uber-light by not taking a dedicated pole for the Cimarron and using trekking poles, I have zero interest in taking the poles out every morning when I leave the shelter as they go everywhere with me. Hiking poles get used to steady binoculars and used as a rifle rest if required.
View attachment 125917

I am usually hunting with at least one other person and borrow one of their trekking poles. If I were alone I would use a dedicated pole.