Climbing stand replacement parts

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I was given this by a friend whose husband died in a vehicle accident. She said she would rather it get used. I'm guessing in the packing she didn't realize there were cables that attach to it and they got chucked. This looks like a 300 dollar stand and it would be a shame to let it go to waste. Can anyone ID it and help me find replacement parts? If i'm missing more than cables let me know. I've never used a climber before!
b4f92a20b3c9a2cc3db4e1e7a1636eca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Painless

FNG
Summit stand not sure which one but looks similar to the viper, the cables that go around the tree can be purchased directly from Summit, also there is a bungee cord that rides close to the foot stirrups that you will need also.

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
So something like this?
5dc1074318459421b69f2cf5d232586f.jpg

adamm88

WKR
Definitely summit, looks like it’s missing the lock for the cables and the bungee for the climbing system.

Look for dealer near you and compare thier floor model to what you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maki35

WKR
I agree, looks like a summit viper treestand. The cables can also be found on ebay. Do you have a safety harness. Don't climb without a safety harness.

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
I'd highly recommend stabilizer straps. They connect the top and bottom pieces together. Once set up, it really locks the stand in. Also keep the lower section from falling to the base of the tree and leaving you stranded with just the upper.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I agree, looks like a summit viper treestand. The cables can also be found on ebay. Do you have a safety harness. Don't climb without a safety harness.
Not yet. Can you recommend something light weight?

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I'd highly recommend stabilizer straps. They connect the top and bottom pieces together. Once set up, it really locks the stand in. Also keep the lower section from falling to the base of the tree and leaving you stranded with just the upper.

Can you link an example? This sounds like a no brainer, will pick up.

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
Rock climbing harness with a tree strap. Made to sit and hang in, all but eliminates suspension trauma. More comfortable, smalle and lighter weight.

Maki35

WKR
Not yet. Can you recommend something light weight?

Some folks prefer to go with a different brand of safety harness other than the one that came with the stand because it's easier to put on, fit's better & more comfortable.
The original safety harness will work, it's just a little confusing to put on it your new to it and the straps can be extra long because it's a one size fits all. You can find guys selling an original safety harness (that was included with the stand) pretty inexpensive.

Summit sells a safety harness. Muddy & Hunter Safety are other brands.

The stabilizer straps are good to have. I made my own from a pair of lashing straps that I purchased at home depot for $7.

Last edited:

motts

Lil-Rokslider
You can look at the third hand archery stabilizer straps if you want a better idea of where they go/how they work. Like Mak45 said though, you can easily fashion a set out of inexpensive tie down straps.