CO Archery Help

The stars have aligned and I plan on heading to Colorado this archery season (OTC) and am somewhat lost for where to start scouting on google maps, etc. I'm not looking for any honey holes or for someone else to do all my research for me, but if someone could help me out with pointing me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. So far Ive been looking at units 22, 14, and 214, some experiences in these units or other units to consider would be greatly appreciated.
I plan on going solo, but am not afraid of getting far from the road and spending a few days packing out. I'm definitely not picky and just looking to take my first elk and fill the freezer. Feel free to PM me if you don't want this info spread around on the interwebs ;)

I ran into a bunch of domestic sheep up around the treeline in 214 last September. The damn sheep dogs basically chased us across the mountain in the dark one morning. There were a few in one area I hunted in 14 as well. I'll call the FS and figure out where those bastards are before this season.