CO Firearms Discussion - Help Needed!

Weldor

WKR
They are just ignoring SCOTUS, like all good Californians. Bummer for the state. They won't see a cent from me. There are plenty of places to hunt.

Rich M

WKR
Power to tax is the power to kill, deny or delay a right. Requiring liability insurance on a right is akin to a poll tax. Plus what if that insurance rate skyrockets? You now are SOL and become a law breaker because you can’t afford it?
Another good point.

Power to tax is the power to kill, deny or delay a right. Requiring liability insurance on a right is akin to a poll tax. Plus what if that insurance rate skyrockets? You now are SOL and become a law breaker because you can’t afford it?

Precisely the reason I disagree with it. Operating a motor vehicle is not a Constitutional Right, owning/operating a firearm is.

Rich M

WKR
What's wise about the insurance thing?
I do a lot of loss prevention stuff at work. Anyone tied into a project gets sued.

I can see a gun owner being liable for crime with a stolen gun. Especially the way CO is going.

Im still trying to decide if ccw insurance is smart. Will it be used against a person or benefit a person?

Do you have health, life, house, or personal property insurance? Why is gun insurance any diff? Aside from the politics. It is to protect you from severe financial loss.

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
I do a lot of loss prevention stuff at work. Anyone tied into a project gets sued.

I can see a gun owner being liable for crime with a stolen gun. Especially the way CO is going.

Im still trying to decide if ccw insurance is smart. Will it be used against a person or benefit a person?

Do you have health, life, house, or personal property insurance? Why is gun insurance any diff? Aside from the politics. It is to protect you from severe financial loss.
Using it as a barrier for entry, a tax on a right, and others are the first thing that comes to mind on why it is an awful idea.

The gun owner is not held responsible for being a victim unless there is an other factors to allow that. Same as your car or any other possession.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Still BS when this state can't even police their own in Denver that are just shooting randomly on Colfax nightly.
AND the democrats voted down a bill last month to increase penalties for firearm theft and possession of a stolen weapon. They don't want to punish the actual criminals or make anything safer, they just want to harass and incrementally make it harder to be a law abiding gun owner.

They are just ignoring SCOTUS, like all good Californians. Bummer for the state. They won't see a cent from me. There are plenty of places to hunt.
There won’t be for long the way things are moving in some states including CO. The attack on traditional funding of fish and game departments will see to it. All those hunters no longer hunting in CO will end up in other states and dilute the experience in them. We can only absorb so much loss.

Congratulations your new state mandated premium is $1000 a gun per year. Not only that you are now liable for emotional or physical damages that your inanimate object may induce.

How many civil liabilities do we now have because there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.