CO unloaded firearm in motor vehicle law

DH_TX

FNG
I am heading out next week on my first Muzzleloader hunt in CO and had a question regarding "unloading" my rifle while in a motor vehicle. I am using a CVA Optima with blackhorn and 209 primers. I didn't plan on unloading the powder/bullet during the trip unless we get rained on or something like that.

Per the Colorado Law (copied below) I guess I just need to pull the 209 primer while in a vehicle?

Does this law also apply to ATVs?

Do most people pull the primer when not actively hunting or back at camp just for safety purposes?

CO law:
It is unlawful for any person, except a person authorized by law or by the division, to possess or have under his control any firearm, other than a pistol or revolver, in or on any motor vehicle unless the chamber of such firearm is unloaded. Any person in possession or in control of a rifle or shotgun in a motor vehicle shall allow any peace officer, as defined in section 33-1-102 (32), who is empowered and acting under the authority granted in section 33-6-101 to enforce articles 1 to 6 of this title to inspect the chamber of any rifle or shotgun in the motor vehicle. For the purposes of this section, a "muzzle-loader" shall be considered unloaded if it is not primed, and, for such purpose, "primed" means having a percussion cap on the nipple or flint in the striker and powder in the flash pan. Any person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of fifty dollars and an assessment of fifteen license suspension points.

Yeah just pull the primer when in a vehicle. I don’t pull the primer when at camp or whatever because it removes the air/water tight seal and exposes your powder via the flash hole. Just keep the safety on and practice the 4 rules of gun safety.

Can’t speak to ATV’s but I seem to remember it mentioned in the hunting regs booklet.

sndmn11

WKR
Page 15, I think an ATV is an OHV.
"7. Carrying loaded firearms while in or on any motor vehicle. Firearms must be unloaded in the chamber. Muzzleloading rifles are considered unloaded if the percussion cap or shotshell primer is removed, or if the powder is removed from flashpan. It is illegal for anyone to have a loaded electronic-ignition muzzleloader in or on a motor vehicle; the chamber must be unloaded or the battery must be disconnected and removed from its compartment. Most accidents involving firearms occur in or near vehicles.
8. Carrying loaded firearms (except handguns) on an OHV during deer, elk, pronghorn and bear seasons. Firearms (except handguns) must be unloaded in the chamber and magazine. Firearms (except handguns) and bows must be fully enclosed in a hard or soft case. Scabbards or cases with open ends or sides are prohibited. This does not apply to landowners or their agents who carry a firearm on an OHV to take depredating wildlife on property they own or lease."