CO First rifle OHV closures, Right?

Bosco301

FNG
Need some advice here, I have always used the theory that if you have a tool bring it. However during archery elk in central CO I did not bring a quad. I was severely limited on my access to country. I hiked my butt off only to have people drive past me. So when my son drew a first rifle tag up north I thought of course I will bring a quad. I am not trying to debate the pros or cons here. I am young and fit and primarily use it to access deeper into the middle of units. Fit or not I cannot walk 10+ miles off county rds to get to the middle, especially with a young teen. That said while looking at mvu maps it shows that most are closed on 10/1. Should I ditch the quad and speed up my roadtrip, while also not having to bring a trailer. Or am I going to get there and be the only person without one. It also appears they are not legal on the roadways not just trails during that period too. If they are not allow I will definitely not be using it. But I makes me nervous that I will regret it if I don't. I Appreciate the input from other people. Thanks

Get the COTREX app. It will tell you all about roads/trails, closures etc.
I just get a message- "Can't download as it was created for an older version of android"... so you need an iphone or an older android I'm assuming!

Poser

WKR
You are correct that OHVs, even those that are plated and road legal in other states, are not legal on highways in Colorado. There are a few seasonal exemptions: Lake City allows them on the a stretch of highway between June and Sept, for example.

The COTREX app will inform you of seasonal trail closures. I can’t think of an example of a gate being closed on Oct 1, though. That seems early.