CO Outfitter Recommendations

jarrettd

FNG
Hi yall! newbie here. I'm interested if you have any recommendations for an outfitter. I'm going solo this year, for Archery OTC Elk. I'm interested in an outfitter to drop me off in an area. I don't need a guide/wall tent/food. I plan to bivy. I'm just interested in having someone get me deep, probably by horseback, and then pick me up at the end of the hunt. I did not draw a tag so this would be OTC archery elk. I did hunt in in Sagauch Co last year, unsuccessful.

most outfitters dont really do the gear packing anymore, it becomes a hassle for them and in all honesty is almost cheaper to just use one of their drop camps especially if you've never hunted the area before. plus you have the outfitter a little more at ur disposal with a drop camp vs a gear packing. my outfit unless you have a dire emergency you dont get packed out early would cost about $675 each way to get you and your gear in then if you harvest an animal another $650 to get it out. At that point you paid $2000 to get in, get out and get ur bull out. drop camp is $1800.

but anyways you can go to ColoradoOutfitters.org and start researching outfitters or email them and they can send out an email blast to all their outfitters that ur looking for a gear pack in and pack out. But most outfitters are going to require you to choose where you're going, many wont just take you in and put you in a spot... thats why they have drop camps for their spots, so youre going to be placed in a spot they dont plan to hunt at all if they choose it for you. some wont pack you withing 1 mile or further from one of their campsites either.

OP
J

jarrettd

FNG
most outfitters dont really do the gear packing anymore, it becomes a hassle for them and in all honesty is almost cheaper to just use one of their drop camps especially if you've never hunted the area before. plus you have the outfitter a little more at ur disposal with a drop camp vs a gear packing. my outfit unless you have a dire emergency you dont get packed out early would cost about $675 each way to get you and your gear in then if you harvest an animal another $650 to get it out. At that point you paid $2000 to get in, get out and get ur bull out. drop camp is $1800.

but anyways you can go to ColoradoOutfitters.org and start researching outfitters or email them and they can send out an email blast to all their outfitters that ur looking for a gear pack in and pack out. But most outfitters are going to require you to choose where you're going, many wont just take you in and put you in a spot... thats why they have drop camps for their spots, so youre going to be placed in a spot they dont plan to hunt at all if they choose it for you. some wont pack you withing 1 mile or further from one of their campsites either.
Thank you for taking the time for writing this reply. I appreciate it. And it makes a lot of sense the way you explained it. Much respect.