CO Pref Point question

Vandy321

WKR
Regs say I can put PP down as 1st choice but still apply with 2-4 choice.

Will the system allow me to get PP for choice 1 and still be awarded a B list tag in the draw?

Would like another PP this year and hunt OTC for bulls, but not at the expense of my B tag that is draw

I have read the regs, im just not getting what it's saying

ericF

WKR
Yes, you can get a preference point with your 1st choice and get a list A or B tag with your 2nd choice as long as there are tags available at that level.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
^^^ this ^^^
I presume you know to look at the draw statistics from at least a year or two previous, although I myself fear point creep this year....

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
You always get a PP regardless what you draw with your 2nd choice on down.
Thanks, make sense...I'm on hold with CPW for the last hour, but wanted to make sure to clarify,
Choice 1 = PP
Choice 2 = B-tag

If awarded both, I can still pick up an OTC A tag?

WTFJohn

WKR
Thanks, make sense...I'm on hold with CPW for the last hour, but wanted to make sure to clarify,
Choice 1 = PP
Choice 2 = B-tag

If awarded both, I can still pick up an OTC A tag?

This is what I've done for the last few years. You could also draw an A tag in the secondary draw, or buy one on the leftover list instead of OTC.

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
This is what I've done for the last few years. You could also draw an A tag in the secondary draw, or buy one on the leftover list instead of OTC.
Thanks! Makes sense, I'm trying to prioritize that b-tag and just don't think I'll draw the A tag I want 3rd choice...but, never hurts to try. I'll survive OTC if needed, I'm used to eating my bull tag so it won't be anything new🤣

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Edit...for anyone modifying your app...it will look like CPW is charging an additional $7 for each application, however once you submit the Mod the previous payment will offset for a zero balance.

Can pref pts be put in for during the 2nd draw, or have folks missed the boat at this point?

Was trying to buy a preference point - clicked submit, but received an “application # cannot be generated” message, then an internal server error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same error here for 3 of us in MI. 1 application went through mysteriously.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
did you guys see this? just got the email - QUICK! GO AGAIN!!

Primary draw application deadline extended until Friday, April 9 at 8 p.m.

Hunters hoping to draw a big-game license in Colorado in 2021 will now have until Fri., April 9 at 8 p.m. MT to apply in the primary draw due to volume-related technological issues that kept some hunters from being able to apply before the original deadline of April 6 at 8 p.m.