code of silence clothing?

bobinmi

WKR
I did some searching and didn't find anything on this site. Has anyone tried their stuff? It appears that its pretty specialized for static whitetail hunting and wouldn't appeal to a lot of guys on this site, but as someone who treestand hunts for whitetail primarily it seems like it would basically fill every need I have in MI.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like nice stuff I’ve never heard of it but would check it out if I didn’t already have Sitka and kuiu and first lite all in my hunting room. If I didn’t just get the new kuiu proximity stuff I would have check this stuff out more close. I’m gonna send this stuff to a couple of friends who think I’m nuts for spending so much on hunting clothes…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdub77

FNG
Never hear of it and went to their site. It looks like good stuff and seems decently priced. One possible drawback is it looks like it would grab stickers and burrs quite a bit walking to and from the stand. I think I would try it though.

pdub77

FNG
Looked into this line yesterday and if you have a Scheels near you, they carry it. Went and looked at it. Looks to be good stuff. Also found an article where someone wrote about it at ATA 2021. Apparently the guy behind the line is from Cabelas and it does look and feel a lot like their old name branded stuff.

Looked into this line yesterday and if you have a Scheels near you, they carry it. Went and looked at it. Looks to be good stuff. Also found an article where someone wrote about it at ATA 2021. Apparently the guy behind the line is from Cabelas and it does look and feel a lot like their old name branded stuff.
Do the temp ratings on their website seem pretty accurate? I’m thinking of getting the bibs but I don’t want them to be too warm.

pdub77

FNG
Do the temp ratings on their website seem pretty accurate? I’m thinking of getting the bibs but I don’t want them to be too warm.
I do not know as I have not ever used any of the products. I am guessing it is all relative anyway to how each person handles the cold.

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
Looks decent...I agree it looks like it would grab stickers, etc fairly easily, but so does any of the sitka whitetail line. My biggest question would be wind resistance. It doesn't mention anything, so wind is likely to blow right through the fleece I would assume?

three5x5s

WKR
I would like to try the Verdigre hoodie but, No size small so I would have size up to a medium. And if you look at the guys in the photos they both have a wad of sleeve bunched up at the wrist. Im small with short arms so....... I'll wait for a review on sizing.

Verdigre Hoodie​

pdub77

FNG
Looks decent...I agree it looks like it would grab stickers, etc fairly easily, but so does any of the sitka whitetail line. My biggest question would be wind resistance. It doesn't mention anything, so wind is likely to blow right through the fleece I would assume?
The Zone 7 Versa and Coldfjall lines say they are windproof.

sim22mie

Lil-Rokslider
The Zone 7 Versa and Coldfjall lines say they are windproof.
Yes you are correct. I guess I was specifically looking at the Verdigre. I did email them and received a prompt response. I was told the verdigre is probably 70% wind proof just due to the density of the fabric.

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I was very curious about them as well, but it seems finding reviews on their stuff is about impossible. May just be that they are so new and relatively unknown.

I am very interested in the Coldfjall Bibs to match with my Sitka Fanatic jacket for late season (I get cold easily), but I'm hesitant to purchase something before I see some reviews.

I'll be watching this thread to see if anyone gets them and has opinions.

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
I never get some people's fixation on picking up burrs.

I'm wearing it out in the woods to hunt alone, not on the runway or out to dinner.

bsnedeker

WKR

I'm wearing it out in the woods to hunt alone, not on the runway or out to dinner.
Lol...you think I hate burrs on my pants because of fashion?????

I hate burrs on my pants because they cause real, actual problems when I'm hunting.

1. They make my pants louder. Last week I was walking quietly through some tall grass and I stepped over a log trying to sneak in on some deer. When I got to the other side of the log I somehow had picked up 10,000 burrs on my pants that were now rubbing against each other...I was no longer quietly walking through the woods, I was making enough noise the deer started looking for me.

2. They don't stay outside of your clothes. I always end up with burrs waistbands of my pants and shirts. Those then rub against my skin and cause irritation.

3. They ruin sleeping bags/pads. If I hop into my sleeping bag at night without getting every single burr off I'm now rubbing that burr all night long against the ultralight lining of my sleeping bag. My sleeping bags are expensive so this is not acceptable to me.

4. Time spent plucking burrs off pants is time wasted.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Lol...you think I hate burrs on my pants because of fashion?????

I hate burrs on my pants because they cause real, actual problems when I'm hunting.

1. They make my pants louder. Last week I was walking quietly through some tall grass and I stepped over a log trying to sneak in on some deer. When I got to the other side of the log I somehow had picked up 10,000 burrs on my pants that were now rubbing against each other...I was no longer quietly walking through the woods, I was making enough noise the deer started looking for me.

2. They don't stay outside of your clothes. I always end up with burrs waistbands of my pants and shirts. Those then rub against my skin and cause irritation.

3. They ruin sleeping bags/pads. If I hop into my sleeping bag at night without getting every single burr off I'm now rubbing that burr all night long against the ultralight lining of my sleeping bag. My sleeping bags are expensive so this is not acceptable to me.

4. Time spent plucking burrs off pants is time wasted.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Fair enough, I could see how that could be a much bigger issue on multi-day trips especially.

I've never had a major issue with them being too loud, maybe it depends where they stick to.

pdub77

FNG

Burrs and stickers latching on to the lower leg of your pants is a huge irritant to remove. And they stab you when you take the clothes off and on. Maybe it isnt an issue everywhere, but walking across a stubble field in Kansas to your stand, you will pick up a ton of stickers. Huge pain to deal with in my opinion. These pants appear to have a different fabric on the lower leg in an effort to avoid this though.

Wdh76

FNG
I just got the Zone 7 versa , I really like it. On the pants below the knee the material is different to keep from picking up burrs. Seems to be well made . It’s warm and not bulky.