Cold Temp Pads

I've been doing less warm-weather backcountry hunts and more cold weather truck hunts.

I used an Xlite for 3rd season last year and it definitely wasn't warm enough.

What should I go with? Xtherm? Exped? Nemo Longbow?
Looking for warmth, comfort, but not something that is massive when it's rolled up as I still will travel with this pad.

taskswap

WKR
I have the NeoAir XTherm NXT, which is specifically designed for colder temps. They claim R-7.3 which I believe is the highest rating in that category but I have no way to verify it. One downside is it's noisier (crinkly?) than my other pads.

It also really helps to add a layer of foam underneath. Most truck-camping folks I know will lay out a few 2' squares of foam floor mats but if you want more compact storage even the thinner roll-up types work fine. You're just looking for some additional thermal decoupling and cushioning to help protect the mat from that small rock you didn't notice in your truck bed.

If you're not going to backpack with this, why not go with a regular mat and a really thick sleeping bag? We keep a few Teton Sports -25F bags in the garage for the odd road trip or kids to borrow, and man, I believe the rating. They are super plush and feel like sleeping in a hotel bed. They're way too big for backpacking but for a truck? You'd sleep great even with a lower R-rated pad.