Cold weather Body suit... Which one?

bobinmi

WKR
Well, I'd never really looked into the body suits. I'm more interested now that Ive spent some time researching them. Unfortunately Im also more confused. For those that have used either the Heater Body Suit, The IWOM, or the Arctic shield insulated body suit. What did you think. Pros and cons. what kind of temps were you in?

I have an hbs never used any of the others. I know people will probably make fun of me but anytime it drops below 30 I use it because I don’t have to bundle up. I usually have it zipped to my hips so I can get out and shoot ASAP, but if it’s single digits I get all the way inside. Worth the money imo if you hunt in the cold a lot. If it’s below zero I usually dread getting out of it and climbing down

I'd be a spokesperson for the Heater Body Suit if it were possible. Love mine, but have only used it during rifle season, not archery, only because I don't like the extra movement and bulkiness for bow hunting.

wseidel

WKR
The heater body suit is the best investment I've ever made for cold weather deer stand hunting. I no longer get cold on my all-day sits and dress lighter as well. To minimize scent and to protect from freezing, I put my food & thermos inside each of my "legs". Hunting with a hbs has allowed me to stay in my stands during cold, snowy/rainey, and windy weather. On a number of occasions, this has been the difference in getting a buck. The only challenge for me is that I like to read while on stand and this means the hbs is partly open while reading. When I was originally researching them 20 years ago, a good friend who was an outdoor writer said, "All you need is a good hat!". He was right.

mudcat81

FNG
I have a HBS as well. I have only used it in my ground blind. I really enjoy it. I need to practice getting into it on a platform before I use it in my stand.

Lowdeuce

FNG
HBS is the best investment for cold weather hunting. There is only two down sides to them, having to pack them in hang and hunts can be a little combersome and not wanting to get out of them when it's cold.

Jared

I like the iwom. It's like a heavy jacket with a sleeping bag on the bottom. You can walk around with it on if you want. Haven't used the others. I use it 35-40 degrees and colder. In 40 degrees you can have a tee shirt on and be plenty warm. I sat in 25 degrees this morning with a fleece jacket on and never zipped it up

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I have a IWOM which I have used since 2011 and now I have King Of The Mountain Standmaster. I prefer KOM for rifle hunting in Canada and Kansas for all day sits if it drops below 20 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
I have the HBS and love it. The only con for me is, I like to use my binos almost constantly on stand, which leaves the top open. If you use binos alot, you may want to look at IWOM or I have read good things about the Arctic Shield suit also.

Last year during rifle season I just used my kifaru slick bag in my tree stand. I skipped out of work at lunch one day and grabbed the wrong tote from the garage. It was either freeze to death, sit in the sleeping bag or go home. I climbed the stand, zipped the center zip down and climbed in and it worked amazing!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I have an IWOM that I use for bow and rifle hunting. I do a lot of hang and hunts when it’s cold. I always manage to work up a sweat. It’s great to just put the IWOM on after set up, you dry out and stay warm. You don’t need a bunch of warm layers or warm boots. Certainly not as much movement available as coveralls and coat, but sure makes for a great sit. I shot a nice buck last year with rifle. I hiked back into a secluded place I expected to see deer it was cold and I was sitting on the ground with my IWOM on. Definitely a no brainer for rifle sits for me. With bow you aren’t going make a lot of movements to adjust for shots at different positions, but when it’s super cold it will keep you in the woods.