Colorado 1st Rifle Unit 54 GMU

I have some friends that guide Colorado GMU 54, they are booked in 2021 except for first rifle. If you guys know anyone that Draws first week rifle 54 have them shoot me a email. I hunted with these guys two years and had great hunts. We became great friends.

kmwelder

FNG
Are there still spots open for 2021 1st rifle? What kind of hunts/trips does he provide? I'd be interested in getting more info.

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
My elk tags are in for this unit. Also put in for a point for mule deer. We see some mules while elk hunting but not enough to make me want to hunt my exact area for them..

L.Creed

FNG
I hunted 54 1st rifle in 2019 and 2020. It is a very tough unit to hunt but beautiful country. The terrain is very unforgiving and provides a lot of sanctuary for the elk. I've noticed the elk are very dependent on weather. In 2019, we have a very strong cold front and I killed my bull around 9500ft but 2020 there was not a single elk below 10000ft and they received a lot of pressure in the wilderness. I'd recommend getting in there a couple days before season, finding water and getting ahead of the crowd.

trdhtr

FNG
I’ve applied for this hunt and it looks like great odds. Looking forward to it!
I hunted 54 1st rifle in 2019 and 2020. It is a very tough unit to hunt but beautiful country. The terrain is very unforgiving and provides a lot of sanctuary for the elk. I've noticed the elk are very dependent on weather. In 2019, we have a very strong cold front and I killed my bull around 9500ft but 2020 there was not a single elk below 10000ft and they received a lot of pressure in the wilderness. I'd recommend getting in there a couple days before season, finding water and getting ahead of the crowd.