Colorado 2023 Draw Results - Mule Deer

uthuntr

FNG
Really wish I could've made it to CO this year. The wolves and point creep for some reason make it one of the bleaker states for outlook to me. Thankfully another point should keep me in line with the creep for the unit I want.

ckeehn

FNG
Drew 77 3rd rifle mule deer with a couple buddies. Ill be in New Mexico 2b mule deer for the 2nd hunt. Should be a good year.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Hippie Steve

Lil-Rokslider
Really wish I could've made it to CO this year. The wolves and point creep for some reason make it one of the bleaker states for outlook to me. Thankfully another point should keep me in line with the creep for the unit I want.
Dude, wolves don't mean anything, they really don't in terms of deer/elk population crashes. MT Lions are your killers, period. Just put in, buy tags and go hunting. Thanks.

My card got hit yesterday and I got the email the day before. I'm headed back to my home unit for a muzzleloader hunt this year should be good. First scouting trip will be July 15 then another in late August and a will head down a week before season to go with my son on his archery elk hunt in the same unit.

bmcbeain

FNG
Drew 77 3rd rifle mule deer with a couple buddies. Ill be in New Mexico 2b mule deer for the 2nd hunt. Should be a good year.

That NM tag is fun assume you hunting the January hunt. We hit the one year that the Youth Hunt was held prior, hurt the trophy quality saw during a scouting trip over Thanksgiving for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uthuntr

FNG
Dude, wolves don't mean anything, they really don't in terms of deer/elk population crashes. MT Lions are your killers, period. Just put in, buy tags and go hunting. Thanks.
Not sure what you're talking about, wolves most certainly mean something. They don't decimate the population but when you consider the increase of hunters CO has seen in recent years the state really can't afford another predator taking animals off the mountain. And you missed my sentiment, I'm not going to stop putting in because of wolves. I would just rather draw the tag for the unit I'm looking at sooner rather than later. Just couldn't make the trip work this year.

ckeehn

FNG
That NM tag is fun assume you hunting the January hunt. We hit the one year that the Youth Hunt was held prior, hurt the trophy quality saw during a scouting trip over Thanksgiving for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, i put in for the 2nd hunt as my buddies and i planned for Colorado 3rd rifle.. i didn't think I'd draw. I am concerned that it may be a difficult hunt as I'll be solo, full moon, and no knowledge of the area. I'll put boots to the ground every day, all day, though.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Nah, i put in for the 2nd hunt as my buddies and i planned for Colorado 3rd rifle.. i didn't think I'd draw. I am concerned that it may be a difficult hunt as I'll be solo, full moon, and no knowledge of the area. I'll put boots to the ground every day, all day, though.

You’ll find deer in NM. Just make sure you’re on your glass at first and last night! They don’t move much after the sun comes up. I filled a tag on an upper 160 a few years ago. Take a nap mid day because they won’t be moving, that’s for sure.