Colorado 5x5 Muley Video, BBD

i dunno man... your hard work and dedication really paid off with a beautiful deer.... but the shooters disinterested attitude was cringeworthy, at best..

i understand its your wife, you love her, and are proud but i would never want anyone to see this video if it was my wife... i would just post that nice picture of her with the head and cape....

Makes you wonder about the stories behind some of the pictures you see. Think about the reactions if he only posted the picture. Everyone would be saying how great it was and how cool the wife is for getting out there and getting it done. This video paints a completely different picture.

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
Makes you wonder about the stories behind some of the pictures you see. Think about the reactions if he only posted the picture. Everyone would be saying how great it was and how cool the wife is for getting out there and getting it done. This video paints a completely different picture.

100%, to be honest, I often wonder the same thing when im seeing post after post of sub 16 year old, often sub 12yr old, kids with absolute monster bucks they shot...

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to you and your wife on a successful hunt. Don't worry about what all the negative commentors on this thread think, they are most likely just jealous that your wife killed a nice buck and they didn't. Not everyone has to be an fanatic about hunting. And just because your wife didn't express appreciation the exact same way someone else would have doesn't mean that she doesn't deserve to have that experience. It's the time you spend in cool places and people you care about that makes a hunt a success in my book. I would LOVE it if my wife would participate or join me on any hunt, but she has no desire and we likely won't ever get to share my passion for hunting together. If she did join, it would be because she is doing something that she knows I love and I would bet she would like to be a comfortable as possible while she joined. A fair weather hunting partner and there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
A
Congrats to you and your wife on a successful hunt. Don't worry about what all the negative commentors on this thread think, they are most likely just jealous that your wife killed a nice buck and they didn't. Not everyone has to be an fanatic about hunting. And just because your wife didn't express appreciation the exact same way someone else would have doesn't mean that she doesn't deserve to have that experience. It's the time you spend in cool places and people you care about that makes a hunt a success in my book. I would LOVE it if my wife would participate or join me on any hunt, but she has no desire and we likely won't ever get to share my passion for hunting together. If she did join, it would be because she is doing something that she knows I love and I would bet she would like to be a comfortable as possible while she joined. A fair weather hunting partner and there is nothing wrong with that.
Real question...are you the OP?

Jaker_cc

WKR
I wish I could go back in time and unsee this video. I would have let her be on FB as I drove home instead of looking for her a deer. I’ll help with a hunt for my gf all day long every day, but I’ll be damned if I’m doing every bit of it for zero appreciation. She could have shot a target at home if all she wanted to do was pull the trigger. Y’all are both missing the whole entire point.

hobbes

WKR
Some of you guys have no common sense. Some of the posts here should be deleted and the posters given a warning.

Anyone with a wife or kids that isn't interested has tried to nudge them into hunting by making it easy. It doesn't always work. Like the video or not but show a little respect.

Last edited:

SDHNTR

WKR
Social media and the endless quest for fame and affirmation strikes again. Backfired this time. Congrats to the pretty lady. Hopefully she doesn't have to suffer through such an experience again.

Pro953

WKR
Man, maybe not the way everyone here would hunt, but a lot of it seemed to be some sarcastic ribbing between spouses.

My wife is also afraid of heights so if the slope or cliff was really bad I may have told her, don’t worry I’ve got this, just go warm up.

That said, if you video yourself and post it online, you make the choice and need to accept the consequences of folks judging your decisions. If you do not want that, then keep it to yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I would rather see an honest hunting video like this than half the crap I do see in the hunting industry.

My wife's first few years were not perfect by any means. But she would out hunt and definitely out shoot half of you now.

Once again so many perfect people on here.

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
I scrolled thru quickly without listening to it ...

Nice shot, nice buck. Guy wanted to go get it for her - so he did. The whole illegal thing about the tag - get a life. There was a license and a tag, which is good enough IMO. If a judge would fine them or push "prosecution", one sorry judge.

I did stuff like that for my first wife - regret all that extra effort now but water under the bridge.

There are a lot worse videos out there.