Colorado GMU 52 - 4th Rifle Season

SBAHunts

FNG
Hi all,

Me and my firefighter buddy are hunting with Cow tags near Cedaredge/ Grand Mesa for 4th rifle season - we got Cow tags because we just wanted some meat in the freezer. We are driving out from California this afternoon to get a full day of scouting in and are excited as you can believe!!

No rain or snow in the forecast so I'm not sure what to expect being this is our first time in this GMU.

I would appreciate any info folks have to offer especially 3rd rifle gang on how best to approach this hunt. Do local farmers or ranchers allow access for reasonable fee - if so how do you locate?

Any PM's much appreciated!

We recently got out of GMU 5 for 3rd rifle season. Got our dicks stomped by the early 15-20” of snow. Many elk were moving or had moved S, SW. You should be in better shape than we were. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I just returned from my 4th season hunt of area 52 with the link of my day-to-day hunt brief below. We saw the snow & lots of tracks up high & on the north side. Since we had sunshine, it was hard to discern how old the tracks were. I did see a few hunters up there camping & driving the road.

Colorado GMU 52 - 4th Rifle Season

Back