COLORADO GMU 76 - Looking for Info

Roy68

WKR
I started hunting elk, and hunting Colorado GMU 76 in 2007, and have hunted 3rd season every year. As a non-resident; in those 6 years I've managed 3 cows, saw nothing my first year, and didn't draw last year. So i'm really 3 for 5 years hunting. I've consistently learned more about the unit, and push further & harder every year. I'm still hunting from the truck, but this maybe the last year for that because I'm spending a lot of time hiking in & out. My brother came out 2 years ago from IN for the first time, and he's after me to pick a bow back up so we can go out in September.

Anyways, the areas of the unit I've come to know and hunt are burned due to the West Fork Fire. I'm planning on still heading to those areas, but if they are a bust due to a multitude of possibilities from the fires; well I guess I will be exploring the unit some more.

I would appreciate any input. If you've been in 76 lately what is your take on the burned areas, and elk seen or not seen? Any input on good areas / new areas would be great! I'm not looking for honey holes etc. I've been burning excess minutes of my day on Google Earth and over Topos. I've really been looking hard at going North up 149 from South fork and hunting West & South of 149 past Creede. Seven Parks is one of the areas I've focusing on. We are meat hunters, thus we have Cow Tags. Again I appreciate any input. Thanks