Colorado hunting license question

Tagalong

FNG
I'm going to Colorado with a couple buddies for an elk hunt. I am not taking a rifle and I am not shooting anything. My question is, if I am along on the hunt with them and I will contribute to packing out any meat should they shoot something, do I also need a hunting license?

I know Colorado now requires a hunting or fishing license to access the public land but since I'm not shooting I was thinking my fly rod and a fishing license would better serve the group during the trip.

Thoughts?

gelton

WKR
You should be fine but just to be safe I would not handle a firearm at all unless you had a small game license as it could bring undue suspicion.

WTFJohn

WKR
I'm going to Colorado with a couple buddies for an elk hunt. I am not taking a rifle and I am not shooting anything. My question is, if I am along on the hunt with them and I will contribute to packing out any meat should they shoot something, do I also need a hunting license?

I know Colorado now requires a hunting or fishing license to access the public land but since I'm not shooting I was thinking my fly rod and a fishing license would better serve the group during the trip.

Thoughts?

You'll need a fishing license to fish, nothing to pack meat. Whenever I am helping carry or transport meat, I try to have a phone pic of my DL with the tagholders DL & tag. I would not carry a rifle at any point, even helping on the pack out.

Colorado does not require a hunting or fishing license to access public land, only State Wildlife Areas have that requirement.

OP
T

Tagalong

FNG
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know it is only for the state wildlife areas. Sounds like I will be just fine with the fishing license.