Colorado Leftover List

sndmn11

WKR
In addition to my brilliant idea somewherr else in this thread. They should also have in the primary draw the option to opt in to the leftover list in return for opting out of obtaining a point.

Saying this again...

They should only allow those who applied for a hunt code in the primary draw to obtain the same hunt code as a leftover. If one did not apply for a hunt code in the primary they cannot obtain it as a leftover.

I would be open to allowing a time period from 2 days to a week for the above to be true, and then allowing anyone to purchase that hunt code.

I would be open to expanding the choices in the primary draw from 4 to up to a dozen to allow for more choices on leftover day in my new plan, but I think 4-6 is ideal.

Rather than 10k people trying for the same hunt code, of which likely only 100 applied for it previously and only 20 have scouted it, there should be a purpose for those additional choices at the primary draw. I get the sad tummy bubbles when I see a hunt code I have scouted for years, applied for, and miss out on during leftover day, only to see, "who has hunted unit XXX? Just scored it on leftover day and need some ideas."

I for one am glad they have the leftover draw. I've gotten 3 of my last 4 tags off it, with two of those being pretty good tags.

So, please share your secrets! I have never gotten a leftover tag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, please share your secrets! I have never gotten a leftover tag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd share them if I had them. I just got lucky and was in line when things opened up. One year, my son was standing at a license vendor's counter in CO and got me a tag in about 7 minutes start to finish. Other years, I just worked quickly and had my list of choices ranked 1-8 and CID # ready to go. Probably not anything a ton of other folks are doing too.