Colorado preference point question.

Base14

FNG
If I just want a preference point in Colorado this year can I just enter the preference point code in my first selection and leave the 2nd,3rd,and 4th selection blank?

Rich M

WKR
I handed over $110 for my deer and elk point last night. Still cheaper than AZ for points though..
That's the catch, adding elk and antelope make it more cost effective, just not as much if getting only 1 species.

Made the mistake of adding this year's app plus next years app plus the 400 tag cost and see Im paying 600 for a deer tag when I go.

Oregon

WKR
I handed over $110 for my deer and elk point last night. Still cheaper than AZ for points though..

$110.91 to be exact.
My jacked up state makes Non Res buy a $153 license to apply for a point. Some like, some don’t.
As a guy who has friends all over the country I’d like to have in my deer/camp..Or isn’t worth the 6-700$ investment and 4-5 years for a hunt

Dkiss103

FNG
$110.91 to be exact.
My jacked up state makes Non Res buy a $153 license to apply for a point. Some like, some don’t.
As a guy who has friends all over the country I’d like to have in my deer/camp..Or isn’t worth the 6-700$ investment and 4-5 years for a hunt
AZ makes NRs buy a $160 license before applying for points too. I have family in AZ or else i may not get points there. I can at least do OTC archery mule deer so im not wasting the license.

swampokie

WKR
Not cheaper than Az actually if u start ur license on the correct date u get two years of points. This is an exception that i feel is on the critically endandgered species list and wont be around much longer. They will figure out the revenue will double and even MORE applicants will apply.

Not cheaper than Az actually if u start ur license on the correct date u get two years of points. This is an exception that i feel is on the critically endandgered species list and wont be around much longer. They will figure out the revenue will double and even MORE applicants will apply.
You can get two years of points in Az for deer and elk on 1 license?

swampokie

WKR
Only 2 years out of one or the other. Every other year u will have to renew for elk or deer even when u validate the license on the last day to apply for that particular species. So not 2 for both species. Two years for one and 1 year for the other.

Last edited:
Only 2 years out of one or the other. Every other year u will have to renew for elk or antelope even when u validate the license on the last day to apply for that particular species. So not 2 for both species. Two years for one and 1 year for the other.
^^^^^^^Yes! This is correct.^^^^^^^

That's how I understand it also. Until they reset the dates. But with your first post saying you could use one license for two years and it being less than Colorado I thought maybe I was missing out.

I actually think Colorado is still less for deer and elk. If you started applying for deer and elk this year in Colorado and Arizona through 2030 AZ is more. Not counting app fees which are a little more in AZ then Colorado you would have to buy 8 licenses @$160 each in AZ. You would have to buy 10 licenses and stamps in CO @$93 each. That's $1280 for license in AZ and $930 in CO.

At least I think my math adds up correctly. Feel free to double check it.

HuntNTag

WKR

I do the same every other year. Utah does the same and it’s great to find that loop-hole. At least you can feel better about making the purchase with that positive twist. ;)

If you’re only applying for 1 species Wyoming looks better than most. Go online after all the license apps buy the point and dine.