Colorado Residents Please Fill Out the HOWL Link

abbrown

Lil-Rokslider
I got an email back from one of the senators and he commented on the large numbers of mass produced emails he was receiving on the matter, didn't seem to want to address them as seriously as the custom one I wrote. Encourage you all to edit, customize and provide some personal flavor to them.

This is not a lost cause. Various folks with insight at the capital say it is very realistic that at least one maybe two commissioners do not get confirmed by the Senate. Could be a 1-2 vote margin. The unfavorable recommendation from the Ag and Natural Resources committee gives some Dem Senators a bit of top cover to vote no. Keep emailing and calling. Hunters have moved the needle significantly on this issue.

Finn16

WKR
I got an email back from one of the senators and he commented on the large numbers of mass produced emails he was receiving on the matter, didn't seem to want to address them as seriously as the custom one I wrote. Encourage you all to edit, customize and provide some personal flavor to them.
Excellent point. I did a personal one as well. I'm sure mass produced help but not like a personally written email - even if it's a short one.

Jethro

WKR
I thought about doing a personal email, but ended up just changing the mass one enough that it was clear I'm not a resident. That is all I'm going to send. I expect the senator to do right for his constituents, but wanted to remind him the direction CO takes is important to even those that reside elsewhere.

cnelk

WKR
All I know if the 2 Commissioners are confirmed, the Senators have just started seeing a large amount of emails.

OP
Fever Buck
One last bump before deadline closes tonight. Thanks for everyone’s support.

mtntppr

FNG
Consideration for these appointments is on the Senate calendar for this Friday.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Give a call to your worthless reps if you can, be sure to remind them that you are/were a democratic voter but will take your vote else where if they continue to thumb sportsmen/ women in the eye with this ridiculous crap

Response received this morning:

Thank you for reaching out to the office of Senator Janice Marchman with your thoughts regarding the current nominees for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission. The Senator appreciates your engagement and concern for the future of Colorado's wildlife, public lands, and our outdoor heritage.

Understanding the balance between science-based management practices, the economic impact of outdoor recreation, and agriculture is indeed critical to the stewardship of Colorado's natural resources. It's clear from your message that you hold a deep concern for ensuring that the Commission is equipped with individuals capable of navigating these complex intersections to the benefit of our state's environmental and economic health.

Your advocacy for a thorough and discerning review of the nominees in light of these priorities is valuable. Please know that your recommendations and the perspective you have shared will be taken into consideration as discussions around the composition of the CPW Commission continue.

The Senator is committed to the protection and sustainable management of Colorado's natural beauty and resources. Engagements from constituents like yourself are instrumental in guiding thoughtful and informed decision-making processes.

Once again, thank you for your participation in this crucial aspect of our democratic process. Your dedication to Colorado's environmental integrity and prosperity is truly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Office of State Senator Marchman
Phone: (303) 866-4853
200 E Colfax RM 346
Denver, CO 80203

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
All of you residents, please CALL your senator today if you haven't already. One call is worth a pile of emails. They tabled the vote on Tuesday till tomorrow (Friday). Please take a few minutes to call! Also be ready for them to actually answer, I assumed I'd get a secretary/aid but it was my senator that answered which caught me off guard.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Response received this morning:

Thank you for reaching out to the office of Senator Janice Marchman with your thoughts regarding the current nominees for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission. The Senator appreciates your engagement and concern for the future of Colorado's wildlife, public lands, and our outdoor heritage.

Understanding the balance between science-based management practices, the economic impact of outdoor recreation, and agriculture is indeed critical to the stewardship of Colorado's natural resources. It's clear from your message that you hold a deep concern for ensuring that the Commission is equipped with individuals capable of navigating these complex intersections to the benefit of our state's environmental and economic health.

Your advocacy for a thorough and discerning review of the nominees in light of these priorities is valuable. Please know that your recommendations and the perspective you have shared will be taken into consideration as discussions around the composition of the CPW Commission continue.

The Senator is committed to the protection and sustainable management of Colorado's natural beauty and resources. Engagements from constituents like yourself are instrumental in guiding thoughtful and informed decision-making processes.

Once again, thank you for your participation in this crucial aspect of our democratic process. Your dedication to Colorado's environmental integrity and prosperity is truly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Office of State Senator Marchman
Phone: (303) 866-4853
200 E Colfax RM 346
Denver, CO 80203
I got the same one