Colorado Residents Please Fill Out the HOWL Link

Response received this morning:

Thank you for reaching out to the office of Senator Janice Marchman with your thoughts regarding the current nominees for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission. The Senator appreciates your engagement and concern for the future of Colorado's wildlife, public lands, and our outdoor heritage.

Understanding the balance between science-based management practices, the economic impact of outdoor recreation, and agriculture is indeed critical to the stewardship of Colorado's natural resources. It's clear from your message that you hold a deep concern for ensuring that the Commission is equipped with individuals capable of navigating these complex intersections to the benefit of our state's environmental and economic health.

Your advocacy for a thorough and discerning review of the nominees in light of these priorities is valuable. Please know that your recommendations and the perspective you have shared will be taken into consideration as discussions around the composition of the CPW Commission continue.

The Senator is committed to the protection and sustainable management of Colorado's natural beauty and resources. Engagements from constituents like yourself are instrumental in guiding thoughtful and informed decision-making processes.

Once again, thank you for your participation in this crucial aspect of our democratic process. Your dedication to Colorado's environmental integrity and prosperity is truly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Office of State Senator Marchman
Phone: (303) 866-4853
200 E Colfax RM 346
Denver, CO 80203
Yeah. I don’t think Marchman is one of the votes we are gonna move. She voted to confirm all three in committee. But I could be wrong, still worth a phone call and/or email. I have received some responses that the Senator is either going to follow the committee’s recommendation or discuss directly with the committee members. I think that is positive momentum.

mtntppr

FNG
I was disappointed to see some of Kevin Priola's comments. I thought that might be one that could turn in our favor, but he also voted to confirm in committee. Part of his district is in Weld.

Roberts is 8 which is Routt and Moffat. So, we need to hold the line, and pick up five from the front range.

I was disappointed to see some of Kevin Priola's comments. I thought that might be one that could turn in our favor, but he also voted to confirm in committee. Part of his district is in Weld.

Roberts is 8 which is Routt and Moffat. So, we need to hold the line, and pick up five from the front range.
I was a bit surprised also. Priola opened the committee talking about his experience as a hunter and even asked the appointees about their experience hunting and fishing. None answered his question and just deflected. I hope he hears about it from hunters and anglers in his district.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

I'm hopefully mine, Mullica, is in our favor. A prior article about him said he had a license in the past. I spoke to him specifically stated I didn't think Skiba at all represented my interests as a sportsman. He said he shared similar concerns, we'll see where the vote lands.

mtntppr

FNG
Thanks for doing your part. They are much more active on instagram.

I started following them on Instagram and Facebook. They put out really good content. It's professional looking and informative. I would definitely recommend to whoever is in charge to work towards building the same type of presence on X (formerly known as Twitter).

I'm not a big social media person, however, I do find myself going there more frequently for news as there are more independent sources. It offers some functionality the other platforms don't, for example X offers "spaces" where you can launch, host, participate in and share live audio conversations. It's pretty simple, and a great way to spread awareness about a particular issue, and raise money. Take an hour, schedule it a week in advance, for a certain topic, let people drop-in, listen, and donate, maybe end with a short Q&A. I noticed some political campaigns have started doing them; they're called "money bombs." Which is another thing, all of these reps, both parties, have staffers running accounts. I feel like there's a little more engagement.

I hardly ever check my email unless I'm expecting something, it's mostly junk, and on the rare occasion I'm on Facebook, I get a lot of ads, so it's easy to miss stuff.

That's a big part of the problem imo, especially in a state like CO, where you almost have two states in one (front range and then everyone else), it's just getting the message out. I don't think it's necessarily that a lot of people hate hunting (some do), it's more so that they're just not interested or indifferent, and so when something like this pops up, they're easily co-opted by some of these anti groups. Anyways...just my 2c. Probably worth a penny less than everyone else's.

rideold

WKR
Last day to be heard (unless they delay again!). I just keep forwarding my chain of emails to my senator every day with a new note at the top. Lets him know I am still here and also shows them that they have never responded!

mtntppr

FNG
I'm not a native. I moved here. I never would've voted for Polis.

I feel like we did what we could. It's kind of frustrating to see people like us trying to do something, groups like HOWL and RMEF doing some heavy lifting, the state GOP voted against them, and I'm sure there's stuff that went on behind closed doors, but it doesn't seem like they made much of an issue out of it. They should.

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
Blows me away how marcham represents Larimer county, lived there in 08 for a couple years and it’s a totally different world now

Only two members of the AG and Natural Resources Committee ended up voting to confirm Beaulieu, Kevin Priola and Janice Marchman. That's parts of Weld and Larimer.
I was very disappointed to see how Priola and Exum voted. They represent Weld and El Paso county, lots of hunters, anglers, and outdoor rec users in those counties. Completely ignored.