Colorado Springs backpack meetup and test

Baron85

WKR
So this is my first year getting into backpack hunting and have been acquiring gear all year. I’m having trouble with packs. I started with a seek outside peregrine and love the pack except I can’t get it anchored on my hips. Next I bought a stone glacier 5900 xcurve. This pack locks on my hips great but doesn’t feel as stable on my back. Kinda running out of money to keep buying and trying then having to try and resell. I was hoping we could round up a group of us roksliders in the area that would be willing to meet up and bring their packs so we could get hands on with all the different big brands. I’m personally interested in checking out the exo’s, the different Kifaru’s, and stone glacier Krux evo frame. I can bring my seek outside as well as my stone glacier x curve and some sand bags........... what do you guys think?

WTFJohn

WKR
Drive to Denver. 1 Shot Gear should have Stone Glacier in stock, RMS Gear has Mystery Ranch, and you can go into Kifaru and try on all their frames and put your hands on every single bag in the showroom.

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
Drive to Denver. 1 Shot Gear should have Stone Glacier in stock, RMS Gear has Mystery Ranch, and you can go into Kifaru and try on all their frames and put your hands on every single bag in the showroom.

I second this statement. Plus then you are getting help from qualified people that can fit the frame to your body. It would be a lot cheaper to drive than to keep buying packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
I got fitted in REI by an older experienced hiker on proper fit.
Then while in Tokyo at Mystery Ranch flagstore.
Big difference between buy and try method.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Great suggestions guys. I was always of Kifaru in Denver but didn’t know that stone glacier had distributors. I’m going to plan on going up there and testing them out. Now I just need to find an exo.

Phaseolus

WKR
Definitely sounds like you need to have help setting up a pack. Seek Outside is in Grand Junction. Have you watched their video about setting up their packs and then played with your Peregrine?

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Definitely sounds like you need to have help setting up a pack. Seek Outside is in Grand Junction. Have you watched their video about setting up their packs and then played with your Peregrine?

I have watched the video, called and spoken to them over the phone, sent pictures of me with pack, they sent me a new belt to try and still having issues. I’m going to try and go to Denver Friday and bring my stone glacier and seek outside with me while I’m checking out other packs and see if one of the shops can help fit me.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Well met up Kyle from Davis Tent in Denver and he was awesome to help get my pack fit and got it pretty comfortable. Might have a little more tinkering to do but definitely going in the right directing now!

Thanks Kyle!

CoWapiti

FNG
I'm in springs over on the west side (OCC) with a Kifaru Fulcrum on a 26" frame and small belt. Shoot me a message if you want to check it out.