Colorado Unit 32 Mule Deer

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guys,
I’ve drawn a unit 32 mule deer tag. I’m on the fence between hiring an outfitter or DIY. I’ve been researching some public ground and looking at some maps. Doesn’t seem like a very large area. What has been your experience in this unit? First time hunting Colorado. I have hunted other western states but not here yet.

DSY_WA

FNG
Is 31 included with this tag? Seems like there's a lot more public land in there from what I remember looking at.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BC_CO-OP

FNG
I had the third rifle season tag for 31 and 32 last year. Most the bigger bucks stay at the higher elevations though this season, or on large section of private in the lower portions of the drainages. There are always a few decent bucks killed by road hunters but to be consistent I would focus on the higher elevations. With that said using an outfitter to access the higher elevations on private or public only accessible through private would make things a lot easier. If you are in good physical shape and want to pack in on foot there are ways to get to some of the higher elevations on you own, but you are going to earn it. PM me if you want to get more specific than that.