Colorado unit 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been here since early August. I have hunted a lot of different areas. I go days without seeing or hearing elk. I finally got into an elk this morning and missed. I am just so burned out.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I have been here since early August. I have hunted a lot of different areas. I go days without seeing or hearing elk. I finally got into an elk this morning and missed. I am just so burned out.
Go get ‘em tomorrow Alan! You’ll never regret give it one more go! Good luck!!!

jja600

FNG
Elk hunting is very humbling. I hunted 61 a few years back and passed on some rag horn bulls waiting for that nice 280 - 300". I didnt seal the deal. Tag soup for me. Still a great experience and learned alot. Tough it out because when you are sitting at home when the season is done you will be thinking about it will regret not giving it your all.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Elk hunting is very humbling. I hunted 61 a few years back and passed on some rag horn bulls waiting for that nice 280 - 300". I didnt seal the deal. Tag soup for me. Still a great experience and learned alot. Tough it out because when you are sitting at home when the season is done you will be thinking about it will regret not giving it your all.
Yep! I can’t count the number of times I thought back a few weeks/months later, “I wish I had given it a couple of more days”.

Hoping he’s out hunting right now!

kjw

WKR
All this 61 chat has me goin nuts. Can’t hardly wait for my rifle season. I’m in good shape as far as meat in the freezer goes so I won’t be killing just to fill a tag and prepared to hunt until the last minute of my season if that’s what it takes to find the bull that tickles the peanut butter

GusF16

FNG
I am a Colorado Resident and I hunted 61 in 2022 3rd rifle season. I saw and passed a lot of bulls. A lot of the bigger bulls were broken (main beams or a tine or two). I saw one unbroken 340 class bull on the second day of season that I was not able to seal the deal on. I couldnt turn him up again. I killed my bull on the last day/morning of season. No regrets. Had a great time. Would have spent more than my 13pp no problem.

I am 6'7" 375lbs so it takes away from the bulls size a little bit (no long arming!). The rest of the pictures are the bull in the back of an 2021 F-150 with a 150qt Grizzly cooler.

View attachment 542319

View attachment 542320

View attachment 542321
Nothing at all wrong with that bull! He’s a beauty!

widgett

FNG
I realize this thread is a year old at this point but I'm hoping to revive it if I can. I should (fingers crossed) have enough points to draw the unit 61 1st rifle bull tag this year - this is my once in a lifetime.

Unfortunately, I can only make one scouting trip before the season (in mid June). Then my plan is to arrive the week before the season. I'm open to any information anyone is willing to share. glassing points, camping spots, general knowledge. Thanks.

Anyone ever hear if ahcarothers ever sealed the deal last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.