Colorado wolves released today

Hnthrdr

WKR
While agree we should be more careful about what we post… hell I post things that are “edgy thought crimes” and here comes another one: our “sides” natural deference to science or reason or legal routes is exactly why we will continue to lose ground in this state, they are actively erasing our way of life and they love it, and most of us have “too much to lose” so we will roll over and show our bellies, and when it’s gone or a shadow of what it was, I guess we will go to wyo or mt and hope it isn’t gone there…

Fowl Play

WKR
Here’s my hot take… the reintroduction of apex predators in the West is a clever way to undermine hunting and guns — while labeling it as “conservation”. You do not need hunters to manage elk, deer, etc populations when the natural predator populations approach “pre-human” levels. You think it’s hard to get tags now?!?! Imagine when predation starts managing the population and taking even more opportunities away. If anyone enjoys hunting like we know it, we all need to vehemently oppose and fight these “conservation measures”. YES, I am a greedy hunter and want to eat the elk myself! We moved in and replaced the apex predators that were here before, and took over their job, and I want to keep it that way!

Hnthrdr

WKR
It’s like we forget that we are living in the legacy of Daniel boone, Francis Marion, George Washington, Thomas Paine, Patrick Henry, kit Carson, and Jim Bridger and countless others… I’m guilty of it too.

Surprised they didnt wait for the release until elk calving season so they can get a good taste of fresh meat right away. Then move on to the job of decimating the herd to replace the 2 legged predators . Good luck Colorado elk hunters

Surprised they didnt wait for the release until elk calving season so they can get a good taste of fresh meat right away. Then move on to the job of decimating the herd to replace the 2 legged predators . Good luck Colorado elk hunters
Oh, they have generations of eating elk under their belts. I'm sure the Eastern Oregon hunters thank you for taking them mangy buggers.

Flyjunky

WKR
They stuck them right on elk and deer wintering grounds.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Is this true? I know nothing of Colorado wintering grounds so this is a sincere question. If so, what the hell are they thinking?

Flyjunky

WKR
Oh, they have generations of eating elk under their belts. I'm sure the Eastern Oregon hunters thank you for taking them mangy buggers.
From an ODFW release here in Oregon...

They took one juvenile male (76lbs) and one juvenile female (68lbs) from the Five Point PACK; one juvenile male (93lbs) and one juvenile female (76lbs) from the Noregaard Pack; and one adult male (109lbs) from the Wenaha Pack.

Sorry about that Colorado, but our dumbass liberal leaders tend to scratch each others back.

Isn't that speculation tho? I would wager it neither helps or hurts.

sure. From memory, it seems collared wolves that die tend to get found and when they have bullet holes it seems the shooters have a fair chance of getting found too.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
I have been thinking this same thing. Let’s gather the sigs and make it happen now that wildlife management is up for public vote. Boulder county is great Griz habitat, and historically they called it home. I feel it’s only right to give it back to those majestic creatures.

We can run tv adds targeted area by area, on the western slope they will be a “remember that whole wolf deal” themed, on the front range they will be cute grizzle cubs playing and maps centered on Boulder county of lost grizzly habitat by the white man!
Who is stopping this? If you live in CO (or CA for that matter) start advocating for it. Honestly it will pull attention away from wolves and might result in them being fair game at 150 population? part of me just thinks the right's ability to organize, isnt very great and could benefit in today's political climate. anything can change. Make a Brown Bear Humanitarian Fund, dedicated to planting brown bears and wolves for recreational hunting & viewing.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
Here’s my hot take… the reintroduction of apex predators in the West is a clever way to undermine hunting and guns — while labeling it as “conservation”. You do not need hunters to manage elk, deer, etc populations when the natural predator populations approach “pre-human” levels. You think it’s hard to get tags now?!?! Imagine when predation starts managing the population and taking even more opportunities away. If anyone enjoys hunting like we know it, we all need to vehemently oppose and fight these “conservation measures”. YES, I am a greedy hunter and want to eat the elk myself! We moved in and replaced the apex predators that were here before, and took over their job, and I want to keep it that way!
I think that we need to spend off season advocating for compromise. As one-sided as this move feels, embrace it! Keep hunting, vote like hell to manage wolves like Idaho does. At some point the world will organize itself, just gotta play the game. Cant shoot them illegally, gotta advocate to do it within their game!

Flyjunky

WKR
I think that we need to spend off season advocating for compromise. As one-sided as this move feels, embrace it! Keep hunting, vote like hell to manage wolves like Idaho does. At some point the world will organize itself, just gotta play the game. Cant shoot them illegally, gotta advocate to do it within their game!
Why though? Just look at our entire country right now. Only one side is consistently the one being told to compromise, and play within the game. Personally I'm tired of playing within their game, they don't play by the rules, we do, and look at where that has gotten us. They know we won't break the rules and play the way they do, they actually count on that. TBH, I'm getting really fuc*ing tired of it.

I think too many people are under the false impression that a compromise is even attainable. Do you honestly think the people behind the reintroduction are willing to negotiate? If so, you're delusional.

It's time the people of this country find its balls again.