Colorado wolves released today

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
Are they though? Their means to an end knows no boundary.

One of the main boosters of the reintroduction prop is a guy named Larry Weiss. He's a far left wing, animal rights, Berkeley California lawyer, relocated to Colorado. Reading his past comments are instructive on what the overall objectives of the movement are. I'm sure he's well connected to Marlon Reis, the governor's husband, who is also a huge animal rights person.

On disrupting legal hunting: "They had come there from across the bay, they slept there and as the hunt began, they would rise up like ghosts out of the bushes and blow horns to scare the animals. I don’t think one animal was killed that day. Those were the kind of people I liked to defend, it was an honor to defend them."

On reducing human population: "The answer to this is that there has to be a worldwide movement to empower women, to have fewer children if they so desire, or to have no children if they so desire. That is at the heart of the overpopulation problem, and that’s what we have to work on. "

On changing state game boards so that animals are not considered property of the state: "But to have a majority on that commission that are hunters and ranchers, that’s the first thing that I would suggest you go after"

On indoctrinating kids: "All those stupid charts about the four food groups, those are gone, and people have realized the benefits of veganism in schools. Thank God, it’s in schools."

If these enviro-nature folks are so dumb, what does that say about us? Seems to be they are the only ones getting their way why sit here with thumbs up our ass.
Good point. The legislative process works for all of us and Hunters obviously need to make their voices heard very loud and clear. You have rightfully called me out and I have zero defense for sitting here with my thumb in my ass.

Hnthrdr

WKR
From my interactions with people in Colorado who support the introduction of wolves have no idea of the devastation they can bring. They merely like the idea of having wolves.
Voters did not take the time to educate themselves on the idea and simply wanted the romanticized version of what they think a wolf is.
Also if you read the blue book pros and cons: wow it was basically wolves are amazing and great and the con was: wolves are really good and there is no con… so should we vote for them? Average voter was like yep sounds good to me

Hnthrdr

WKR
One of the main boosters of the reintroduction prop is a guy named Larry Weiss. He's a far left wing, animal rights, Berkeley California lawyer, relocated to Colorado. Reading his past comments are instructive on what the overall objectives of the movement are. I'm sure he's well connected to Marlon Reis, the governor's husband, who is also a huge animal rights person.

On disrupting legal hunting: "They had come there from across the bay, they slept there and as the hunt began, they would rise up like ghosts out of the bushes and blow horns to scare the animals. I don’t think one animal was killed that day. Those were the kind of people I liked to defend, it was an honor to defend them."

On reducing human population: "The answer to this is that there has to be a worldwide movement to empower women, to have fewer children if they so desire, or to have no children if they so desire. That is at the heart of the overpopulation problem, and that’s what we have to work on. "

On changing state game boards so that animals are not considered property of the state: "But to have a majority on that commission that are hunters and ranchers, that’s the first thing that I would suggest you go after"

On indoctrinating kids: "All those stupid charts about the four food groups, those are gone, and people have realized the benefits of veganism in schools. Thank God, it’s in schools."
Yep sun tzu said it best! Know your enemy. Make no mistake. This man is our enemy. He is no more American than Putin or chairman Xi… he is a greater threat than either since he is here a “wolf” in sheep’s clothing as it is.

Let me bust out my tin foil hat and furnace filters… I’d say they want hunting by man to become extinct. They want to destroy ranching, and farming, and animal husbandry. It will completely controlled by the “state”They want you to live in a 15 min city, they want you to eat plants and lab grown meat, and when we are solely reliant upon them and can’t hunt anymore, well we won’t have much use for those evil guns or bows, better turn them in if you want your Soylent green this Tuesday. Listen to Chris Roe’s podcast on the wolves in Co he has a few part series and explains it well. They are going to do away with the North American wildlife model and replace it with some Diversity, equity, BS in which man is no longer plugged into the ecosystem. Where we are some spectators like big African game preserves…
Succinctly stated.

Its a cult. Same people want to outlaw guns, hunting , ranching, fossil fuels, human population control. Hate the Sovereign country of the United States of America and its constitution . Love the UN and being a "Global citizen" . Hold on i need to add another layer of tinfoil to my hat . I think you get the gist

Flyjunky

WKR
Good point. The legislative process works for all of us and Hunters obviously need to make their voices heard very loud and clear. You have rightfully called me out and I have zero defense for sitting here with my thumb in my ass.
I hope you realize I wasn't calling you out specifically. I'm just saying that we (hunters) seem to be the ones sitting around complaining while they are the ones getting their agenda implemented. It appears to me we are the dumb ones.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
Let me bust out my tin foil hat and furnace filters… I’d say they want hunting by man to become extinct. They want to destroy ranching, and farming, and animal husbandry. It will completely controlled by the “state”They want you to live in a 15 min city, they want you to eat plants and lab grown meat, and when we are solely reliant upon them and can’t hunt anymore, well we won’t have much use for those evil guns or bows, better turn them in if you want your Soylent green this Tuesday. Listen to Chris Roe’s podcast on the wolves in Co he has a few part series and explains it well. They are going to do away with the North American wildlife model and replace it with some Diversity, equity, BS in which man is no longer plugged into the ecosystem. Where we are some spectators like big African game preserves…
This is exactly what is going on. We need to stop with this "tin foil hat" nonsense. Lizard people is a conspiracy theory. This type of stuff is in plain view. Not a "conspiracy theory" in the traditional sense. It's not crazy talk. It used to be these types of people were very dodgy and secretive about what their plans really were. Just like left wing politicians would never admit they wanted gun bans, only "common sense" gun control. Nowadays, these types of people are much more vocal and commonly come right out with what their true intentions are. Thanks to the internet, it's much easier to keep track of exactly who they are. Just like @blicero posted above about Weiss. These are the people making moves behind the scene and, sadly, they're making it happen. It's not some crazy conspiracy theory anymore when the evidence is right in front of your face.

Flyjunky

WKR
pretty much my thoughts as well.

In regards to the conspiracy theory thing...seems to me most of those conspiracy theories over the last 8 years have been proven true.

Overdrive

WKR
I hope you realize I wasn't calling you out specifically. I'm just saying that we (hunters) seem to be the ones sitting around complaining while they are the ones getting their agenda implemented. It appears to me we are the dumb ones.
Their side is playing chess while hunters are sitting around eating their checkers.

They figured the way to control things is getting into the position of power and make the laws. They can get the funding and backing by using emotion.

The same ol response from hunters SSS, no wonder we're losing and will for a long time.

Hnthrdr

WKR
This is exactly what is going on. We need to stop with this "tin foil hat" nonsense. Lizard people is a conspiracy theory. This type of stuff is in plain view. Not a "conspiracy theory" in the traditional sense. It's not crazy talk. It used to be these types of people were very dodgy and secretive about what their plans really were. Just like left wing politicians would never admit they wanted gun bans, only "common sense" gun control. Nowadays, these types of people are much more vocal and commonly come right out with what their true intentions are. Thanks to the internet, it's much easier to keep track of exactly who they are. Just like @blicero posted above about Weiss. These are the people making moves behind the scene and, sadly, they're making it happen. It's not some crazy conspiracy theory anymore when the evidence is right in front of your face.
Absolutely, I say it in jest but really it is in our faces these days. It is no longer a conspiracy although I’m sure there are a lot of folks here that would turn up their noses at this type of thinking

Hnthrdr

WKR
Their side is playing chess while hunters are sitting around eating their checkers.

They figured the way to control things is getting into the position of power and make the laws. They can get the funding and backing by using emotion.

The same ol response from hunters SSS, no wonder we're losing and will for a long time.
You are spot on! Howl for wildlife is trying to fight the good fight, but the anti have full time very well paid lawyers and giant organizations that all they do is move the needle in their direction, mean while most hunters are men, usually with families and responsibilities ie other careers and children who use hunting as a sacred tradition and escape, we often have little free time and what we do is devoted to 25 different things. At least that is my experience.

You are spot on! Howl for wildlife is trying to fight the good fight, but the anti have full time very well paid lawyers and giant organizations that all they do is move the needle in their direction, mean while most hunters are men, usually with families and responsibilities ie other careers and children who use hunting as a sacred tradition and escape, we often have little free time and what we do is devoted to 25 different things. At least that is my experience.
We lost as soon as Bambi came out. Urban children are so far detached from what rural children experience, that there is literally no way we can win. They have access to their developing minds 24/7, whether it's at school or thru social media. You are absolutely right that they no longer hide their intentions, they are out in the open for all who care to look at. The sad thing is the newer generations have bought in to it.

ndbuck09

WKR
I think that we need to spend off season advocating for compromise. As one-sided as this move feels, embrace it! Keep hunting, vote like hell to manage wolves like Idaho does. At some point the world will organize itself, just gotta play the game. Cant shoot them illegally, gotta advocate to do it within their game!
Dude, Idaho's population target for wolves is 500. We have 1500. The management of Idaho isn't doing a dang thing to manage them to a population target. Too many people think just hunting wolves manages them. It does not and that's the problem. You can not manage wolves without utilizing methods of lethality that folks these days can handle since we live in a soft culture now.

Fowl Play

WKR
I like the idea of SSS, but it’s not realistic. Ultimately will just result in your fine or jail time, etc and pictures of some dead wolf to feed the anti’s flames.

Question for the Colorado residents… What organizations are currently fighting the lion hunting ban? Are any still fighting the wolves or working to get the plan for the management program actually established now? At a bare minimum we need to help fund them — even if out of state.

They are there now… sucks, but you have a couple years to fight to get a proper management plan in place with clearly outlined population goals, etc. can’t just give up and take it. Or wait for it to get so bad they start plucking cats from boulder’s yards.

Need the level of commitment these conservation activists are doing… they went out and got over 200,000 signatures to put that on the ballot and campaigned hard for it. They are not dumb, they have an agenda, gotta fight back at the same level.