Colorado wolves released today

CorbLand

WKR
Any good podcasts on this? Not looking for the emotional, sky is falling, world is ending type.

cnelk

WKR
Question. All these wolves were taken from different packs, how possible is it they don't get along and don't establish a pack? Or even don't get along and kill each other?

The voters approved reintroduction.

I’m not sure if the language said breeding pairs or what (probably was but haven’t dug that deep)

Who decided that it couldnt be all males that were reintroduced?

Someone had to decide on the ratio of males:females and maybe it wasn’t the voters. ;)

No the grey wolf is a protected species under the endangered species act. Killing a wolf outside of the states Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana is a federal offense with a felony charge unless it is proven that it was done in defense of human life. The only reason for the exception states is the 10J waiver to the ESA that gives the state management rights to a species. As far as these wolves in Colorado crossing borders, the reason for the areas chosen was that they needed to be 60 miles from any state border. If the wolves go into Wyoming I would assume they would be treated as any other wolf in Wyoming. If they travel into a non 10j state then they will have federal protection just like north park has been dealing with for the last few years.
They can hunt them in Wyoming?

I saw a recent article where guys were calling them across the colorado state line and killing them. They did nothing wrong all legal. But the article was so biased and painted them as horrible people because “it was colorado wolves”

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
They can hunt them in Wyoming?

I saw a recent article where guys were calling them across the colorado state line and killing them. They did nothing wrong all legal. But the article was so biased and painted them as horrible people because “it was colorado wolves”
I saw that too; thought it was on cowboystatedaily.com, but couldn't find it today.

CPW had to do this...... You have to blame the people that forced it on CPW.
Maybe I missed it but did all these disgruntled CPW employees band together and give press releases. bombard all social media, etc letting the public know that this is wrong?

^^ That's a rhetorical question.

It's not like they couldn't have called in "sick with covid".

Last edited:

cnelk

WKR

Hnthrdr

WKR
Any good podcasts on this? Not looking for the emotional, sky is falling, world is ending type.
Eh might lean towards the sky is falling spectrum, but Chris Roe did a deep dive on the re intro. I feel he has a very unique view since he battled with the anti- enviros decades ago on the front range over prairie dogs of all things, he knows lots of the players. Will not make you feel awesome after listening to it…

CorbLand

WKR
Maybe I missed it but did all these disgruntled CPW employees band together and give press releases. bombard all social media, etc letting the public know that this is wrong?

^^ That's a rhetorical question.
State employees in Colorado are legally barred from sharing their opinion on ballot issues. That’s a law that has been in place well before this issue was even thought of.

Last edited:
Pure F'ing lunacy! There is nothing remotely truthful in that buzzword salad, but to the ignorant and uneducated she sounds smart.

— Joanna Lambert, professor of wildlife ecology and conservation biology at the University of Colorado at Boulder.

“This is a moment of rewilding,” she said. “Of doing something to stave off the biodiversity extinction crisis we are living in … to make a difference in this era of extinction. And moreover, this is a source of hope not only for all of us standing here but for our younger generations as well.”

Lambert said she lost her breath when she saw the wolves gallop into the woods. For years, Lambert and wolf advocates have been working to get wolf “paws on the ground” and she felt herself gasp when “all the sudden, it happened.”

“It was exquisite in every way,” she said.
0:29 of the video. Top left woman. Ten to one odds that's her.

CorbLand

WKR
Eh might lean towards the sky is falling spectrum, but Chris Roe did a deep dive on the re intro. I feel he has a very unique view since he battled with the anti- enviros decades ago on the front range over prairie dogs of all things, he knows lots of the players. Will not make you feel awesome after listening to it…
Does it actually use facts and logic behind the reasoning or is it purely emotional?

The last podcast of his I listened to was the Utah trail camera one and it left me less than impressed. I asked him to do one with someone that was pro the season to get both sides and he said he would do it but never did.

Anytime a new law is passed, there are people that are happy and people that are pissed. Pissed or not, CPW had to do this. It was voted and passed, they cant just be like, "well someone is mad, so see you next year." It is no secret that people are pissed.

They kept it a secret because people, even in this thread, where it has been mentioned multiple times that CPW was forced to do this, dont understand that. It was protection for their staff...its really not that hard to figure some of this stuff out.

This is why the number one thing that you can do is correct people when they blame CPW for this. CPW didnt do it, they were told they had to do it. You have to blame the people that forced it on CPW.
Noone ever HAS to do anything.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Does it actually use facts and logic behind the reasoning or is it purely emotional?

The last podcast of his I listened to was the Utah trail camera one and it left me less than impressed. I asked him to do one with someone that was pro the season to get both sides and he said he would do it but never did.
I mean it’s been a min since I listened to it, but Chris is a passionate dude, I think it is more on the emotional side, he does have several guests including the guy that over saw idahos reintroduction who was very much not emotional. There is a lot of good facts in it though, which those facts kind of make you sad if you enjoy hunting in Colorado.

CorbLand

WKR
None ever HAS to do anything.
Let use a little bit of thought process on this. Let’s say a couple CPW employees say “No.” They are fired for failure to do their job. Who are they going to be replaced with? More people that are unwilling to release them?

This shit isn’t rocket science but yes, blame the wrong people. It’s solved so many problems in the past.

State employees in Colorado are legally barred from sharing their opinion on ballot issues. That’s a law that has been in place well before this issue was even thought of.
I remember all those employees filing suit for violation of their first amendment rights.

Oh, wait.

Yeah.

Nevermind.

CorbLand

WKR
If the supporters were held to this standard there would be no non-native wolf introduction.

Just saying.
I really don’t care what the other side does or did. I work with some real dumbasses doesn’t mean I have to join them.

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
I remember all those employees filing suit for violation of their first amendment rights.

Oh, wait.

Yeah.

Nevermind.
Agencies, companies can fire you for what you say and do… even online. Protected speech protects you from criminal action, but not from getting fired

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
He presents a lot of facts and gets into the language used in the plans. He was the first one I heard state that no wolves would die by the hand of man. I don’t agree with a lot of his opinions on other podcast but I believe he did about 4 podcast on this subject and gave a bunch of good info. He laid out the players and the progress of the reintroduction. By the time I was done I left feeling the the pro wolf people had pretty much covered all their bases so the wolves would never be hunted. Felt like a master class in getting an agenda pushed through. Seemed to be fair amount of bait and switch with the phases. I believe phase four where they would be hunted has now essentially been unofficially axed. I listened to these podcast while doing office work so if I got some stuff wrong I apologize.

Hnthrdr

WKR
He presents a lot of facts and gets into the language used in the plans. He was the first one I heard state that no wolves would die by the hand of man. I don’t agree with a lot of his opinions on other podcast but I believe he did about 4 podcast on this subject and gave a bunch of good info. He laid out the players and the progress of the reintroduction. By the time I was done I left feeling the the pro wolf people had pretty much covered all their bases so the wolves would never be hunted. Felt like a master class in getting an agenda pushed through. Seemed to be fair amount of bait and switch with the phases. I believe phase four where they would be hunted has now essentially been unofficially axed. I listened to these podcast while doing office work so if I got some stuff wrong I apologize.
No you are spot on, that is a good way to describe the series