Compact stock

ndfb35

FNG
To start things off, I'm not a fire arms connoisseur as my SO and I prefer to hunt with archery equipment, but this year I decided to buy and put together a do-all hunting rifle. I decided to go with a Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT in 7PRC. It's my first "premium" rifle and scope, Nightforce NXS 5.5-22. It meets all my wants and needs and we both shoot it very well from a bench and we both enjoy shooting it.

The problem that I'm facing is that she is a small lady, 5'2", and she can't shoot it comfortably standing as the stock is too long. I have done some research but I haven't been able to find a rifle that is similar to what I have but has a shorter LOP.

What would you gents recommend for a stock? If there is one that is similar to the Ridgeline with a shorter LOP or will I have to buy one and have it shortened?

This will probably be the only hunting rifle she owns and uses so I'm leaning towards a 6.5PRC or 6.8 Western. I'm okay with spending what I have into mine but I'm not looking to spend on a custom gun.

I would like to hear your folks inputs.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You should be able to custom order stocks to fit the LOP that she needs. If you haven't looked at chassis yet, you can get buttstocks with an adjustable length of pull to fit your needs. We have the below options

Carbon- 12.5"
TR-2- 12-15" or 10.5-13.5"
C6-12-13"

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You can buy a stock with custom length of pull or you can have a smith cut one down.

Take a look at the A10 from McMillan, that pushes the grip forward for smaller hands in addition to the length of pull.

just get her a tikka compact in 6.5 creed or 243 and you'll be in business.

2nd this.

If she is prone to feeling slighted because it costs less than your ridgeline you can spend more on a rok stock once available and have the LOP shortened by a smith and then you can be jealous of her rifle 😁

just get her a tikka compact in 6.5 creed or 243 and you'll be in business.
Do they make it in a 6.5 creed now? I’ve only seen the tactical compact in 6.5. This would solve a lot of headache for me! It would still need to be coated, but even with that, it would be an easy button compared to the different paths I’ve gone down!

There has to be decent demand for an adjustable 12”-13.5” LOP Tikka youth stock with a thumb hole! I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to find a simple solution for putting something together for my kids. We need a YOUTH Rokstock! Or if Tikka just made a stainless 6.5 compact.

Could probably buy one of the gunzonedeals special stainless ones for $725 and buy a compact takeoff stock if a guy really wanted stainless. I've seen the compact stocks listed in classifieds a couple times.

Ya, that’s what I’ve been doing and what my preferred plan is, but it’s about impossible to catch one in the classified. Even WTB ads don’t seem to be answered. I also Search the general web a couple times a week and nothing seems to turn up

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Could probably buy one of the gunzonedeals special stainless ones for $725 and buy a compact takeoff stock if a guy really wanted stainless. I've seen the compact stocks listed in classifieds a couple times.
That’s pretty much what I did. T3x lite/stainless in 6.5 creedmoor, put it into a compact stock. Had it shortened to 18”, threaded, sportsmatch/swfa 6x, ordered a silencer for it.

That’s my wife’s gun.