Weight of CA Ridgeline FFT Titanium in 7mm PRC

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to purchase an ultra lightweight mount rifle in 7mm PRC. Christensen Arms only publishes minimum weight (short action) for each style of rifle. Does anyone have the weight of a newer Ridgeline FFT Titanium in 7mm PRC?

I have the rifle - looking through my old pics trying to find a bare weight for you… I can tell you that it’s right at 8 lbs. with a NF SHV 4-14 F1 on top…

Edit to add: mine is NOT the titanium model (just re read and saw that detail), I handled both and preferred the steel - sorry if this doesn't help you out as much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here you go. Note, this is with a 20 MOA rail and a little bit of pipe insulation on the butt for cheek height.

isawiNIh.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

OP
J

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the quick response. I assume the rail and pipe insulation adds about 5 oz so the factory weight would be around 5.4 lb. With an advertised weight of 4.8 lb (short action and 20” barrel) I am a bit surprised by the increase in weight (~10 oz) with a long action and 2” more barrel.

Thanks for the quick response. I assume the rail and pipe insulation adds about 5 oz so the factory weight would be around 5.4 lb. With an advertised weight of 4.8 lb (short action and 20” barrel) I am a bit surprised by the increase in weight (~10 oz) with a long action and 2” more barrel.
Again, mine is the steel action and not Ti... So that's part of it.

My 7prc w/ 22" bbl is 5.4 lbs exactly as it came out of the box..nothing on it, so you were right on the money. My other one in 308 win w/20" bbl is 4.9 lbs right on the money. The 4.8 lbs advertised for the short action 30 caliber 308 win is likely w/o the titanium brake and just a tread cap. The 308 recoils about as much as a 223 with that brake and only a 14oz scope/ring set-up with factory 150gr ammo. It's really light, almost like a toy gun but balances very well. The 7prc will get a NF 2-10x42, a Warne 20MOA rail and Warne MT rings and also a presighted NF 5.5-22x50 for longer range shooting/hunting. The 308win with a Leupold 3-9x40 in Talley LW rings is my shorter range weapon. I get under 1/2" groups with 4 different factory loads with it after breaking the barrel in. The 7prc factory test targets had 2 factory loads both shooting 1/3" groups before the bbl is even broke in. Can't complain about that. So much for everyone hating CA rifles because they are not accurate! Those carbon FFT stocks are a game-changer in the light-weight stock world. Weight difference as discussed is actually 8oz. so really not much to worry about (remove the brake and cap it and you are down to 6 oz. difference or ~5.3lbs.)

Last edited:
OP
J

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the information, very helpful. I would like buy a new light weight mountain rifle for backpack hunting in MT. Thus, weight is important but accuracy out to 600 yards is critical in the areas we hunt. I would like to spend under $5k for gun+scope so the CA seems like a good choice, and one of the lightest options for the $$.

Thanks for the information, very helpful. I would like buy a new light weight mountain rifle for backpack hunting in MT. Thus, weight is important but accuracy out to 600 yards is critical in the areas we hunt. I would like to spend under $5k for gun+scope so the CA seems like a good choice, and one of the lightest options for the $$.
I have the rideline fft in 280 AI with a 2.5-15 credo it is right at 7lbs 6oz. Sweet gun, I love mine.

OP
J

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies to this thread. After a lot of reading and research I ordered a CA Ridgeline FFT Titanium in 7mm PRC and Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x42. This will be a lightweight set-up for backpack hunts.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I have the non titanium in 6.5CM. For ranges you described might want to look at a lighter recoiling cartridge. Ultralight and heavier recoil don’t mix too well. But if you are set on the 7prc get it, just saw that you ordered, enjoy the rifle. My CA’s have all liked hornady match ammo

I have the non titanium in 6.5CM. For ranges you described might want to look at a lighter recoiling cartridge. Ultralight and heavier recoil don’t mix too well. But if you are set on the 7prc get it, just saw that you ordered, enjoy the rifle. My CA’s have all liked hornady match ammo
Haven't found the recoil in my 7 to be that bad... The break works well or shooting with a can is ok too. YMMV.

OP
J

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
My Ridgeline FFT Titanium in 7 PRC arrived today. 5.35 lbs. Vortex Razor 3.5-15 Scope will arrive next week. 847F42B8-0DF0-4C66-A0FD-FB3BF1BC66D3.jpeg